NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I think my bird has gone looooooopy...

tatdmommy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucian2005/

I am not so good at posting pics but the first 6 photo's on there are of her new antics.

She flips upside down on the rope, then puts her head between her feet and wedges her head in there until one foot falls off then she reaches up and chews on the remaining foot that is holding onto the rope. This seems a little dangerous to me.

I think she may have finally lost her mind LMAO. She also throws in a little upside down swinging, wing flapping raptor also.

Does anyone's parrot also do this?

This is so funny but no your grey has not lost her mind, she is doing normal grey antics, my grey does a lot of these moves and some of them look uncomfortable but she wouldn't do them if they hurt her in any way.

I just had to laugh, there you think your parrot has gone to the looney bin but she is just a normal acting grey but I bet the look on your face was worth a thousand words.

Normally she is so mellow, calm, sweet and just plain cute. Throw in some occasional raptor on the toys and that's her life.

Well today she has been spinning circles on the rope with the head trick and some raptor. The other day she went ape shi* on her water bowl, so I took full advantage and put her in the shower and she took a " I want to take a bath" kind of bath vs me just giving her one.

Perhaps at 1 she is coming into her personality a bit. She also enjoys mumbling in a low tone when I speak to my husband, little monster.

I call her looney bin bird, I guess it fits her quite well. HAH

Yep Cleo does the exact same things! And the biting of the remaining attached foot worries me too lol, it wouldnt be the first time she's fallen off her perch. And when Cleo is hanging upside down, she yells and screeches lol.