NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Update on Chicken

tracie

Chicken is now 10 weeks old and has been with us for 2 weeks. He is getting much better at flying now. Unfortunately he already prefers my fiance. As soon as his cage is open he flies through 2 rooms and around a corner to find my fiance at his desk. If he brings him back to me he flies off again. Figures he didn't even want a bird, but now they are best buddies.

He is still fussy with hand feeding. He wants it when he wants it. No schedule for him. He is finally starting to eat better on his own so I am not worried about it too much. His weight has been stable at 300g.

I swear that he says "what". It's not in his baby squeaks or any of the other baby noises that he has made. It's in that I'm trying to speak human tone. (you know what I mean) He repeated it when I said it to him a few times today. Of course no one else heard it.

Here is a pic of him stretching his wings.

002.jpg

Chicken is a cutie all right, what a handsome fella he is and very proud of himself for his flying ability, thanks for sharing this pic with us.

Ah, that is what happens sometimes but greys are notorious for picking their favorites but he still cares for you just not in the same way so don't feel too bad about it.

;) What I understand is that a Timneh leaves the flock or is on his own at around 6 months of age, whereas a congo doesn't leave flock till around a year...So it appears that a timneh matures at a early age. If this is so, that's explains some of the recent post about timnehs being independent at such a young age. (Please correct me if I'm wrong) Jay:)