Friday the 13th

judygram

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lidia

Meshewa wrote:

If a black cat crosses your path, it's bad luck.

Funny thing, here, if a black cat crosses your path it's supposed to be good luck. I suppose that's the thing about superstitions; they don't have to make sense!

Does this count as strange?

I just got home from going to the gas station (wow. . my jeep drinks more than I do. . and gasoline is getting to be more expensive than mixed drinks!)

While I was sitting at a red light, two kids on a bike cut off a cop, then ran a red light right in front of the cop. It was a short chase, but very entertaining.

FYI, I don't live in the best part of town, and it was 9:30pm when this happened, and there were cruisers everywhere! Some people just aren't as smart as others.

Sounds strange enough for me, those two kids sound like they are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic if you get my drift.

And I agree, Meshewa, my Jeep drinks a lot too, I wish I could wean it off the gas but I don't know how.:P

Once I was joking online with a woman from the Netherlands about Friday the 13th. I am not superstitious (although I don't like it when more than 3 or 4 or 5 black cats cross my path right under my feet within a single hour at far apart locations). Anyway that evening her son got shot in Amsterdam during a freak-fight between people he just happened to sit in between their cross fire. It was coincidence of course, but still she doesn't joke about Friday the 13th anymore (Talon I know a very nice sweet young man - son of my best friend - who was born on a Friday the 13th as well, it seems that date produce very special people :) )

Well we know of 2 special people for whom the Friday the 13th is a special day, Talon and your best friend's son. And as far as that woman from the Netherlands, that could have happened any day, it was just a coincidence that it happened on Friday the 13th, but sad in any case.

Thanks for sharing that with us FairY.

judygram wrote:

Well we know of 2 special people for whom the Friday the 13th is a special day, Talon and your best friend's son. And as far as that woman from the Netherlands, that could have happened any day, it was just a coincidence that it happened on Friday the 13th, but sad in any case.

Thanks for sharing that with us FairY.

Yep, you're right, but I forgot to mention he got only lightly wounded by the bullets - it's bad enough of course, but waaaaaaaaaaay better than it could have turned out to be :)

I still have a half hour here :) Judy, you beat me to the punch I was gonna say I would protect Meshewa lol:P And the ONLY reason, well one of two, that I knocked him out is A- pulling a knife on my partner is like doing that to a very close family member, and B- I couldn't get to my narcotics quick enough to chemically restrain him B) hehe