NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Poor Conure update

Jayd

:) Poor Buddy....he is getting better about his cussing. They (Buddy and Pistachio) like their new area. They are currently residing in the cockatiel room. It is more humid and warmer and they really like that. They both come out and play around the cages...in fact, the other day, Buddy got out of his cage and got into the cockatiels' cage. I think he was not sure what he got himself into because he was staying in the corner watching all these other strange creatures...LOL When I opened the door, he came out and ran over to his cage pronto. He will let us feed him through the cage bars and he will now get out of the way when I have to clean out the cage (before, I had to hold him off to clean anything). His favorite toy is still a thick stalk of broccoli. He loves to demolish it and really gets excited to see it coming. When I close the cage after I am done, Buddy thinks it is his duty to lunge at me but I think it is getting to be more out of habit...

Poor Pistachio can't grow any more feathers due to extensive follicle damage. He has not lost any more feathers though and the ones he still has have come in shinier and thicker. He takes good care of them and it is funny to see this huge conure bent over, preening this tiny Ring-Neck. Pistachio is still the boss though and he lets Buddy know when he gets out of line by squawking and snapping at him. Sometimes we sneak a peek and Pistachio will be bent over Buddy protecting him/her while they sleep. Too cute

{Feel-good-00020114}<br><br>Post edited by: Jayd, at: 2009/08/21 19:40

That's wonderful even though they may never pet good pets at least they have each other and they are happy and healthy. You have done a wonderful thing by just loving them unconditionally that all any bird need and wants Karma to you and thanks for the update.