NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I used to have...

Joolesgreyuk

1.Carpet with no bird debris on

2. Walls with no red bits on

3. Dado rails with no peck marks :blink:

4. A living and dining area with no poop spots I missed when cleaning up. :(

5. Cardigans with no buttons missing or half bitten buttons.

6. Jackets with zips that worked because there were no missing links.

7. no red marks on my shoulders where Beau had been "eating" my jacket and gone too deep :ohmy:

:sick:

8. No extra washing consisting of pooped-on clothes. ;-)

9. Windows open on summer evenings

10. Supermarket trips without looking at expensive imported fruit to see if any of it was affordable "on special offer"...

...no Beau to love and care for in my life :-( ;-)

See its all worth it in the end. I would rather have my birds with me exactly how they are. Then have a perfectly spotless house with no beak marks or chewed window and door frame and to not have them at all. I can live without a perfect house I don't want to ever find out what its like to live without my birds.

Ha Ha! If my house were that bad I...Used to have a Parrot!! Only joking - get your claws back in!!

I used to have lovely blinds in my conservatory. I used to have an absolutely fantastic lamp in there too - well, the lamp is still there - the lampshade is the problem!! It comes on with a timer and we sit laughing (well, me crying) because it looks like the galaxy - there's so many bloody holes in it!!

Oh yes - I've had a beautiful plant in there for 7 years that I've grown from seed nearly - it was about five foot high with lovely leaves too - oops, no leaves now!

I used to buy stuff for me, clothes, perfume etc - now it's parrot toys, parrot foot, parrot accessories.....!

I used to have boring nights tho - just watching the telly - I've never seen Coronation Street for months!! Now I've got Harvey - wouldn't change it for the world!!! :laugh:

I used to have a social life and freedom to come and go as I pleased. Now I hurry home to Whisper. She's worth it!:)

Seriously, my husband and I separated 10 months ago. I cannot imagine what this time in my life would have been like or how I would have gotten through it without my Whisper girl. Without her I would have faced loneliness, boredom and depression. When I come home and she steps out of the cage saying " I love you, give me a kiss" it has been just what I need.

Char wrote:

I used to have a social life and freedom to come and go as I pleased. Now I hurry home to Whisper. She's worth it!:)

Seriously, my husband and I separated 10 months ago. I cannot imagine what this time in my life would have been like or how I would have gotten through it without my Whisper girl. Without her I would have faced loneliness, boredom and depression. When I come home and she steps out of the cage saying " I love you, give me a kiss" it has been just what I need.

What a wonderful tribute to pay to your Whisper. That is real girl power - togetherness in the face of adversity.