NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I need an AG

tkilgour

I would like to have a congo african grey. We already have 1 and we have a lot of experience with birds. We had a scarlet macaw that lived w/ us for 12yrs. and he just past away. He lived w/ many family members, his aprox. age was around 75. We would love to find another AG but cant afford to pay outrageous prices that stores are charging. Can anyone help?

I "needed" an african grey and therefore paid the "outrageous" price that our breeder commanded (which, considering it was £850 I'd say I have a bargain for my absolutely fantastic baby and would have paid treble if that was the going rate)!

It's a case of "I need an Aston Martin" - but that's not going to happen - I'm stuck with Mercedes!

You say you have all of these birds - so you must know how expesive they are to keep?

Why the "need"? Sounds like desperation! Can you not just enjoy the pets you already have?

If you can't pay - why not do what we tell the kids to do - SAVE! ;)

Jill said it right, if you can't pay for it now then save your money until you can.

I question your sincerity about "needing" another grey from your two previous threads you posted here just recently, you certainly got started off on the wrong foot and unless you prove you are sincere you will be met with opposition from me and probably everyone else.

No no misunderstanding in translation of type!!! I will pay for a great bird just I will not pay $2000.00 US that is crazy. I know you can get good ones for $800 US. I have a Mercedes too and an aston martin would be very nice. Since however, we are talking AG I am looking for one around $800-$900 US any one know of a good breeder. We love birds!

Sorry for getting off on the wrong foot, you just misunderstood my situation about the dogs we had. We prefer birds and reptiles. I wanted to get rid of this guys dogs he left me w/ so I could get another AG. Sorry I made you mad. I want a friend for my AG, so they can play in their custom bird room I made

Didn't you find someone previously, that traded your Pomeranians for an African Grey....that's what you posted....In fact you said it happened here by one of our members within in just a few hours.....Please set the record straight.

What happened to that bird?<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2009/08/19 15:25

judygram wrote:

, you certainly got started off on the wrong foot and unless you prove you are sincere you will be met with opposition from me and probably everyone else.

I do not understand why you got so mad when all I wanted to do was help a poor family who's husband lost his job. He wanted me to keep and feed their pomeranians. He said he would come back in 6 months. Well, 6 mo. later he said just keep them he cant afford them. So I figured maybe someone had a grey they would trade for those cute pomeranians and I did. My family is a bird family, we have lots of panther chameleons as well a cat and a Doberman we show. Our 75+ yr scarlet died, we had him for 12 yrs. and he was passed through the generation of family members to me. We wanted to get a smaller bird, so we decided on an AG. We got one and we have a custom bird room that is large. Therefore we feel another AG would be excellent. I am sorry I offended you. You just misunderstood me and my intentions. I know birds are not cheap, but pet store prices are insane and breeders tend to have much better quality birds for far less. That is the reason I was on here asking you AG lovers for assistance. Thanks for your help.

Talon wrote:

I think tkilgour is trying to be sincere here. He deserves a second chance here everyone.....;)

Sometimes different cultures, translations are easily misinterpreted. Who are we to judge? :huh:

Thank you Talon!!! Also, Talon, a little something you may like. We have twins and I named my boy Talon, he is my buddy and he loves our AG

caitb2007 wrote:

Are you looking for a baby grey or an older one? Have you tried this site? http://avianbiotech.com/breeders/Breeders.asp

Great site thank you so much for being nice to me. sometimes forums can get nasty. the web site you sent me helps a lot. We just want another grey soon because they are amazing birds. My babies are starting to say words and the grey says the same words it's so cute. :)

Tkilgor wrote: "We got one and we have a custom bird room that is large. "

I would love to see photos of yoru bird room. Others here have them also and they are normally a GreYt bird environment with lots of room to fly and have fun for them. :-)

B) Spock here,The only thing better than a Grey, is two Grey's and all there friend's!!!Here's a Karma for sticking around...Thank you for contacting my slave for a possible older Grey...

Live long and prosper

{Feel-good-0002006B}<br><br>Post edited by: Jayd, at: 2009/08/19 22:19