NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hi from Windy City

Hey everyone,

I'm Allison. Full time college student and I've wanted a Grey since I was like 10, and it's actually happening...tomorrow. I read this greyforums.net for years but never signed up because I didn't have one, well I guess now it's time to be apart of the group :)

My breeder is in California(where I grew up) and have gone home and visited my baby grey many times during this summer. Baby has been DNA sexed and it's a Boy!!!! Omar is his name. I am so worried about him coming on the plane, all the extra stress and the long flight. Has anyone had their bird shipped to you? I was having such a hard time finding a CAG in the IL/WI/IN area that I gave up and did a nationwide-search and found a wonderful breeder in my hometown. Omar was hatched May 2, 2009 and coming home Aug 18, 2009.

He's a very sweet boy, and I look forward to having my constant little buddy with me....I'll have more photos of Omar in the next few days..

Hello Allison and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could finally join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Omar.

I wouldn't worry too much about the flight home, if your breeder has shipped birds before they know all about it and I am sure Omar will arrive safe and sound.

As you already know we do have loads of information in our many threads so keep reading thru them and ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

We do love pictures here so please do share some of Omar with us when you get the chance.

Hi Allison! Welcome to the forum, so glad you finally joined. Congrats on bringing your baby home! I bet you are sooo excited. I remember the day I brought home my CAG and it was the best day ever, enjoy your day today. :P I saw some pictures of Omar on your page and he is adorable! I can't wait to see some more pics of his homecoming. I hope to hear more from you and Omar on here. ;)

Hey everyone,

Omar made it in one piece, I wish I could have taken him myself from California, but had too many things going on here and my breeder said not a problem as she ships all the time. It turned out to be a 7 hour flight with a stop in ATL thanks to Delta...he seemed very done of his travels on the car ride back into the city. Got him home and he came right out his box and straight to my hand. First day was good, he was very quiet and checking everything out. Yesterday he was such a love, just wanted to be held all day and chirped if I left the room( the pic I included was from yesterday when he crawled up my chest and demanded I rub his head for an hour). Today he is not really wanting to be held and turned his back on me during his naps (which he never did in the 2 days) which made a little sad. But my mom said Greys have these little moods, so if you all can reasure me that will make me feel better.

He seems extremely picky in food and of course that worries me, he barely touches his pellets which my breeder said he eats fine with no problems. I give him fresh fruits/veggies and he picks but not really eating. So I chose to continue his night feeding with formula so I know he's getting nutrients.

I was also posting on "Coming home tomorrow!", and I mentioned there that I live in such a busy area I don't know how he can nap. Everytime he closes his eyes about 5 sec later it's either sirens or trucks doing reverse or the EL. I'm sure very soon he will be making all those sounds.

btw, how long does it take for them to really know their name? Aug_2009_082.jpg

Aug_2009_082.jpg