NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

newbie me

gill

hi everyone my name is gill iam from washington in england, i have a african grey called bertie, he is fab, talks alot and eats a lot, just trying at the minute to bathe him not luck as yet, he loves a spray of water but not a bath will keep on trying.

He says hello , how are u today, its fantastic,and loads of other stuff he kisses me goodnight and loves being stroked i love him 2 bits :kiss: Photo_0109.jpg

Photo_0109.jpg

Hello Gill and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Bertie.

Bertie does look fab, but then I have never seen a grey that wasn't, they are so adorable and once you have a grey you wonder how you ever managed to live without them.

I take my grey into the shower and use a hand held nozzle on her, she does not like it but tolerates it, I wish she would open up her feathers but she won't so I do what I can to get her soaked.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads so do read thru them at your leisure and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Thanks so much for including a picture of Bertie in your introduction post for if you don't we will ask for it, we love pictures here of each other's greys.

Hi Gill - Welcome to the forum - I can't believe you've had a grey so long and not found this fantastic site!!

You'll find everyone so welcoming - and their knowledge excellent. Hope to see more of you and Bertie.

Harvey will tolerate the shower - but doesn't get the "drench" as he sits there, feathers tight. He does lift his wing on command though - so at least his pits get a spraying! Looking forward to hearing more about you and Bertie. Jill x ;)

thanx for the warm welcome ,i dont think i will manage to get him upstairs into the shower he gets a bit nervous at new surroundings, im just going to try the paint tray with water in for him ,, without the paint:laugh: he still just sits and looks at it but i will keep on trying, have u any ideas on some homemade toys i can make for him his toys are getting a bit worn and chewed to bits thanx

Look in the homemade toys and stands section - there's some beauties there! I'm no good at making things - Jolley's and the local pet shop get my trade!!

Try sitting Bertie in the bathroom with you when you have a shower for a while - he may get used to it. That's what I did with Harvey - then progressed to taking him in and then left him in on his own. Like I say - he doesn't like it - but gets a good drowning! :lol: