NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Koko is afraid of Mocha

dhorje

It has been 4 days since we have had Mocha, our baby Hill Mynah. Probably because of his ugly looking with an alien like head, Koko doesn't know he is a little bird just like the rest of the fids in the house.

Koko doesn't dare to go near Mocha. Koko is very fond of flying to a table where we place our car keys, house keys, bills and etc. To discourage Koko from flying there, my wife places the plastic aquarium which housed Mocha on the table. And it works.

We came back in the noon today. After feeding Mocha, my wife left him (in the aquarium) on the floor. Koko flew down from her stand wanted to chew a piece of wood that was lying on the floor.

As Koko was busy chewing the wood, Mocha cried out suddenly. Mocha's cries frightened Koko and off she flew to the fridge.

We are quite surprised that the naughty mischievous little devil is afraid of a chick. :lol:

This new baby bird is something new to Koko, you know that greys are very cautious of anything new so she just doesn't know what this little black thing is that is making all that funny noise. To her it could be an alien trying to jump out and eat her, give her some more time to get used to her and they will be fine, who knows they may even become friends or at least tolerate each other.

After hearing the video you shared of the mynah baby I can imagine what Koko thinks this is a creature from hell and she wants no part of at the moment but time will tell.