NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Does Your Grey...?

rbpittman

Dixie uses very many different phrases and of course, uses them in the voice she has heard them in, however today I noticed that instead of saying things in the voice I'm used to hearing, she's using the phrases in a different voice.

Example: I love you is usually in my voice, but this morning she said it using a very high child's voice, not one I've ever heard before. After that she's been using that voice for everything, kinda like she's determined what "her" voice should sound like and is using her words in her own voice. Very strange.

Does anyone elses grey use different voices with words they know?

--

Robin

Dayo only uses my voice. I do know I have read others on here state their Greys use different voices. It's rare (I think) that they develop their "Own" voice. They normally use the persons voice identically that they have decided on. Do you have a child that comes over or perhaps talk in a higher than normal pitched voice at times?

Unless of course they are just horsing around. My wife said she was chopping up some raw Coconut (Dayo LOVES it) Wednesday and He started a song of his own singing (never done before) like a child "Ieee LoOooOoove CoOooOocOoooOoonut MMmmMMmmMMMMmMMMmmmMMMMmmmm.."

This is a GreYt topic. Karma to you for starting it. :-)<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2009/08/15 16:15

Sarah says that Dixie sounds just like me, I have heard her calling and it sounds like LP and Sarah and Paul (those who live in the house), the youngest of whom is LP. This voice is totally different than anything I've ever heard before.

Dixie has started using her words and phrases independently of how she learned them. LP started as "LP wake up" to now "LP" and whatever she wants to say - from help to saying "lp pretty girl". I'm sure "HE" really appreciates this very much...lol.

This has been going on all day - different words in this squeaky, high pitched voice very different from anything anyone around has ever used. Very bizarre I guess.

--

Robin

Sometimes whisper will use a voice that I believe is higher than mine. It is usually during the times she is not talking as clearly. It is hard to explain but It is like sometimes she has a spell when she isn't clear and it is things that she has said clearly many times. during those times her voice is higher pitched and sounds different.

Ok, I think I've figured out where the child like voice came from - Sterling - the U2, but he only says hello and a very very garbled i love you and be right back. Dixie is using this voice with all of her words now. It's really cute, I'll try to catch her on video.

--

Robin

I just wanted to share that when I was taking care of my father, who had a very bad stroke, we got our african grey so my dad would have someone besides me to talk to. He used to tell my grey, Sparky, "hey sport". Many months later, my father passed away and within days, I heard my father's voice say "hey sport". I was really caught off guard as these were Sparky's first words. Now, two years later, I still have the pleasure of hearing my father's voice as only my little Sparky could reproduce it!

AnnaBella talks in my voice and my husband's voice. I think she's picked up some voices from the TV also. To me, she doesn't sound like a familiar voice...other people say she sounds like me. She also whispers since we taught her to say "superstar" in a whisper. She says so many things...complex words...sounds...the other day she made a fart sound then said "yummy"...she had to have gotten that from a cartoon or something. LOL. It's funny, she will ask for all kinds of different foods...celery, strawberry, grape, apple, etc...I cannot get her to say "pretzel"..she loves them but calls them "crackers". It must be a hard sound for her...I don't know.