NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My new family member

dhorje

Well I think he's just so pretty. Boy do I know about massive poops. Darius doesn't like to poop in his cage so every morning he climbs onto his Boing which has news paper under it and does his morning poop. about that time I'm in the kitchen makeing birdy breakfast. and just about everytime I go to give Darus his breaky I step in this huge morning poop with my bare feet :sick: :laugh: You would think I'd learn but so far my brain has not kicked in maybe its because its to early in the morning or something. In any case its definatly not fun to have bird poop between your toes first thing in the morning. I'm starting to wonder if he's doing it on purpose just to hear me say owww yuk and then hobble off to the bathroom trying my hardest not to get any on the carpet. I could almost swear I heard him laughing under his breath this morning.:evil: :sick: :laugh:<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/09/02 09:46

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mocha doesn't like Koko to get close to him. He would attack Koko, probably Koko tried to bite his feet a few days back.

Surprisingly, Mocha flew to Koko's perch while Koko was standing there. Koko was taken by surprise but didn't attack Mocha. She allowed Mocha to share the stand.

Beautiful Pictures They certianly are very differnt looking than our parrots aren't they. So beautful in their own way as well I just love those very shiny black feathers and the Yellow on their heads just makes them vibrant looking very pretty bird. It looks like KOKO is starting to except Mocha as a flock member maybe one day they might even be friends.

Mocha is just like a parrot. He likes to perch on my wife's shoulder and likes interaction too.

I tried toilet train Mocha today and it was successful. I took him to the bathroom. He was perching on my finger.

I said poo poo and there he released immediately. After 10 mins or so, I took him to poo again. It took a little longer this time. I thought it was coincidence. Another 10 mins or so later, I asked my wife to do it. Mocha pooped on command!

And he did it again on the 4th time. Hill Mynah is an intelligent bird. AddEmoticons04239

DSC_0252-1.jpg

Mocha perching on my wife's shoulder. He flew there from his cage.

DSC_0256-1.jpg

DSC_0255-1.jpg

Mocha on Koko's swing.

DSC_0259.jpg

Mocha is getting naughty. I had to stand on my PC table to bring him down.

• 2 weeks later...

Mocha is such a beautiful, intelligent and curios Hill Mynah.

I love the updates. Everytime I view them, it makes me want to go get another, but then I come back to reality. We certainly enjoyed the 11 years we had Jack, our Hill Mynah, 20+ years ago. :-)

Thanks for being so regular on updates!!<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2009/09/18 14:56

AWE! I just got done with the first page and OMG! He is so adorable...just had to say that until I was able to go through the rest of the pictures!!

Edit: Wow! He's a good looking bird! I love the teal in his feathers when he's outside.<br><br>Post edited by: Jingles, at: 2009/09/18 16:35

Mocha hasn't learnt to make any noise or to talk yet.

He is a very lazy little fella. When we were home he refused to eat on his own. He wanted to be handfed.

He always nag asking to be let out. Sometimes he could spend 2-3 hours on the playgym without flying away. The moment he started flying, I would put him back in the cage. It's hard to handle the moment he flies.

Mocha is enjoying the sun after a bath.

DSC_0276-2.jpg

DSC_0279-2.jpg

DSC_0277-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...