NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The floodgates have opened!!!!!!

cf737

Hello! It has been a while since I've posted but there is so much going on all the time! I've been working at the breeder's 4 days a week and babysitting the other 3....I have had 3 days off since June 28! Busy busy.

But I am so enjoying my summer. The puppy is growing fast and doing so well, and my job is WONDERFUL! I get to spend about an hour and a half a day handfeeding now....from cockatiels to parrotlets to senegals to australian kings (and many in between)...and very recently I've begun to handfeed the baby Timnehs and even a B&G macaw!!!! I've learned so much and the experience has been wonderful for Darwin, as she gets to come into the store and hang out on the store perch once a week for the day. She just loves all the attention and it's been really greyt to get her socialized!

BUT NOW TO THE EVEN MORE EXCITING NEWS!

Darwin said her first word....which quickly turned into a first sentence...today! I was walking through the store and there were two people hanging around her, including the breeder, talking to her and watching her play with a foot toy. She mimics a number of birds and makes too many sounds to name...including recently a tongue roll into "ARRRREBA!" which is hilarious. But this time, a little girl came up to her and said hi, and out of no where Darwin says, plain as day and in this very girly voice "HI!" !!!! The little girl giggled and continued to look at Darwin. The breeder turned to me and both of our mouths dropped to the floor, and then about 5 seconds later she says "How are you?!?" and flaps her wings, bobbing her head up and down excitedly. I WAS SHOCKED! I am so proud of my little girl, and so is the breeder! She's said it a few more times today - and particularly seems to enjoy saying HI!

Darwin will be 8 months old tomorrow! She is growing so fast and I love watching her get older and mature. I can't believe she is talking! YAY DARWIN!

:):):):):):)

P.S....I just took a new batch of photos of her today and will post them ASAP! Hopefully tomorrow!

Those are great pictures of Darwin, she is so beautiful and you take good pictures of her, she enjoys playing in that big cardboard cylinder, thanks for sharing these pictures with us and the two of Apollo.

Congrats on Darwin saying her first words, she just wanted to impress that little girl, you must be so proud.

Congrats on Darwins first words!! Isn't it sooo exciting?! Ecko says his name now and I get so excited so I know how you feel lol. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful job, I am so jealous! Darwin sounds like such a sweetie! I loved the pictures of her, she is so cute! And Apollo is so BIG! Wow that is going to be one big dog. Thanks for the update and pics Cassandra, karma for you. ;)