NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I Found a breeder...Finally!

RdnkParamedic21

So I finally (with lots of phone calls) found a small breeder about 250 miles from me :blink: that breeds TAGs. From what I can gather from her she is a very loving person that takes excellent care of her birds and is extremely helpful with I my questions I threw at her. She just breeds TAGs and conures, so I am anxiously waiting until she has some babies available to go visit and check out her facilities and how she weans her birds.. And I also found a good avian vet that I am going to meet with sometime soon also a visit with her. Just wanted to let everyone know, those were 2 major worries of mine at the time being. :)

Seek and ye shall find, way to go there, RdnkParamedic21, you are well on your way to owning a grey and congrats for at least that. I think you are going to do fine with one and I know it will seem like forever until you finally get it but hang in there the wait will be worth it.

Do you have a first name you could share with us, I am getting tired of writing your screen name, its so long.

Yes you will, and that is a good thing since some people will get the bird first and then have to figure out how to take care of it. You are smart, very smart and handsome too, Josh, I'll bet short for Joshua, right, a good Christian name.:)

Oh man it takes a long time. But I must say when he comes home finally after all the work finding a breeder, waiting for him to wean, the visits, setting up the equipment and all the other stuff I likely missed... it's worth it. Worth every second. And I've only experienced 4 days of the possible 50+ years.

She said she is expecting some Suns within a month or so, I am going to go visit when she has some suns just to check her out. It could be a little while before she has some TAGs, thats ok I have lots of time. :) Aw thanks Judy, big time karma to you! and you are correct, it is short for Joshua:P

Guest briansmum

yay! great that you found a breeder and well done you for the time and effort you are putting into your grey research

Hey you are not good, but hey I like a man who knows how to have fun and goody two shoes are not much fun so let the bad boy out for a while.

Go ahead and visit the suns, they make fine pets too, I have a sun conure, a little clown, rides on my shoulder all day if I let her.:P