NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My new grey

bobems101

i recently got a CAG from a lady who became alergic to him and had to rehome him he is 8 years old and she has had him all that time i noticed he dont talk as much as he used to in her house i had him bout a month now will this chang with more time??? he is a good bird friendly and has adapted very well thanks bob

henry2.jpg

henry2.jpg

They take time to adapt to their new surroundings and gain trust before talking sometimes. My Dixie won't shut up unless someone else walks into the room, then you can't get her to speak. Give him more time and continue to talk to him, he may be getting used to the sound of your voice or the difference in your converstaion before he decides to chat more.

--

Robin

Hi Bob, what a very nice looking CAG you have. What is his name? Karma to you for taking in an older grey. It does take some time for some of our greys to get use to new things. Just be patient with your sweet guy. There is a lot information in various threads of this forum and you should ask any questions you might have. Please introduce yourself in the Welcome/Introduction Room so we can give you a proper welcome.

hi thank you his name is henry he such a good bird...when i went to look at he before i bought him from this lady i reached in the cage opened it he steped up was very friendly now i got him when i reach in he wont step up he gently grabs my hand pushes me away lol he is very dark for a congo!!!! maybe hybred not sure

More than likely he was acting friendlier with you because he was in a familar environment with the owner sround. Many birds can be trusting in that area. Now the owner isn't around, the environment is new, daily habits of you are different and basically he has to learn to deal with you through bravery. He pushed your hand away? Great. Some rehomed greys will bite.

Greys come in different tones and shades of grey color. There are no hybrid greys other than the ones that owners intentionally mess around with their coloration.

Any grey that has some speckles of red feathering on other parts of the body other than the tail simply have an excess of a the color gene that was handed down from the parents or grandparents.<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/08/12 00:58

I gave you Karma for taking in an older bird that grey't one of my Greys has very dark charcoal color and her flight feather are so dark they almost look black some are just really dark and some are almost silver. Greys take a long time to adapt to a new enviroment she sounds like shes got a wondeful laid back personality and that good she probubly will come around sooner than most because of it. Very pretty Grey you have there I must say I look forward to updates and pictures

He's is a GreYt looking Grey Bob. Henry sounds like a very well mannered Grey that will just take some time to get used to his new home as others have already stated.

Thanks for posting the photo. Looking forward to hearing updates on his progress and of course seeing more photos and videos. :-)