NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Another great foraging toy!

After reading Char's post "A favorite foraging toy" I wanted to share another great foraging toy that Ecko really enjoys. He has had it since I brought him home and he still loves it and plays with it everyday. Sometimes I put seed stick treats in there, sometimes I put toast with RPO spread on it and now I fill it up with his favorite fruits and veggies. I recently started putting the fruits and veggies in there and it was a huge hit. I know he can't eat all of those veggies by himself but he can sure destroy everything to pieces and has fun doing it.

I purchased this toy at Petco.

5bac24e2.jpg

ee313b09.jpg

When I came home that day the toy was completely empty and Ecko's face was a mess haha. :laugh:

Thanks Caitlin for that wonderful idea, I have one of those things but I have only put those seed sticks in it, never thought about filling it up with veggies, sometimes this old brain of mine doesn't function properly:blink: oh I know I am having a senior moment:whistle: I have a lot of them lately. Karma to you Caitlin for the light bulb going off in my head!

I purchased one of those for Dixie and put the seed stick and she won't touch it - of course she won't touch seed either. Brilliant use of the toy to put the veggies in - how dumb of me not to think about it! Really glad you showed me the light! I love it. Thanks again!

--

Robin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Caitlan well I liked your Idea so much I went out today to buy one of those holders for each of my birds but they only had 2 left and they were on sale for 3.00 so I bought them both and gave 1 to Tyco and 1 to Adaya I gave the baby pink one to Adaya the other one is green. Anyway I have to tell you they went over like greased lightning Both of the birds went straight for them and had them emptyed in no time flat. Adaya's didn't go quite as fast as Tyco's because she stopped to eat some of the fruit and vegatables I put in there. Tyco on the other hand was just working on getting everything out of it as fast as she could it was fun to watch. Maybe next time I fill it I'll do it in the morning when I know they're hungry. Any way thanx allot for the Idea my birds and I just love it!love it! "LOVE IT!!"

Thats great Pat!! You got them for a really great price, thats awesome!! Ecko also likes to empty it very fast instead of eat it so I put a bowl at the bottom and the foods fall right in it. Once he is done emptying it he climbs down to eat it LOL. I'm glad your birds liked it! :P<br><br>Post edited by: caitb2007, at: 2009/08/27 21:07

Oh WOW! What a fantastic idea!!!! I'll be getting one when I go to Petco this weekend! Thanks

caitb2007 wrote:

After reading Char's post "A favorite foraging toy" I wanted to share another great foraging toy that Ecko really enjoys. He has had it since I brought him home and he still loves it and plays with it everyday. Sometimes I put seed stick treats in there, sometimes I put toast with RPO spread on it and now I fill it up with his favorite fruits and veggies. I recently started putting the fruits and veggies in there and it was a huge hit. I know he can't eat all of those veggies by himself but he can sure destroy everything to pieces and has fun doing it.

I purchased this toy at Petco.

5bac24e2.jpg

ee313b09.jpg

When I came home that day the toy was completely empty and Ecko's face was a mess haha. :laugh: