NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Not long now :P

jessdecutie18

So I'm very excited. We found a local bird store, with hand raised African Greys. Although I was thinking of getting a Congo, she has two Timneh babies available and after holding each one of them with my husband we decided on a Timneh. They were soooo cute, so friendly, a little scared as it was their first time out of the nursery, first time being put out in the actual store. I'll be going to see them again next Tuesday, and apparently they will be completely weaned in about a week or two :) So not long now! Sooner than I expected, and this lady only lives 30 minutes away while the other breeder I was talking to lives 3 hours away. Easier to go see my baby!

One question though... one of the Timneh babies has some red feathering around its feet in the front, while the other has a totally grey front. I heard something about random red feathers being a bad sign... there are only a couple so I'm guessing I'm being paranoid but thought I'd at least ask.

Ordering the cage tonight from Ebay, and getting a playstand and toys next Tuesday from the store when I go see the birds :)

This week sure is going to go slow :P

Congrats on finding your baby TAG! I bet you are soo excited to bring him/her home. How old are these babies? The red feathers your talking about is called red factor and it has nothing to do with it being a bad sign, its absolutely normal. I can't wait to see pics of your new baby and hear how the homecoming goes. ;)

Grats on the new baby. My new baby also has quite a few of red feathers on his legs, under his wings, and even a couple on his back. He may lose them when he molts but I kinda hope they stay. :cheer: Can't wait to see pics of your baby.

The others are right, the red feathers are referred to as having red factor and it doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with it but it may molt out so don't count on it staying.

They must be pretty much fully feathered if they are going to be ready to go in a week or two but how old are they? That is really great that you found some closer to home and I can't wait to see some pictures of the one you picked out.

Congratulations on finding a baby so fast!! You will probably be getting it about the same time I get mine! I got my cage on e-bay too, I am I very happy with it. Can't wait to see pic's of your new little one, are they going to be DNA'd so you will know the sex?