NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ollie goes for my husband

kay

Hi

Ollie has for some reason decided he does not like my husband, Ollie is 4 1/2 months old and was great to begin with, I do spend more time with him as hubby works shifts, but has never done anything for him to dislike him and would never do anything to harm him.

He can speak to him from a distance but if he trys to get too close Ollie just flys for him

Any suggestions would be appreciated as they are going to have to get on at the end of the month as I am away for 4 days.

Kay

Has you husband got a hair cut? Let a beard grow out or shaved it off? Changed anything?

Try taking your grey to a new room. You leave the room and have your husband go in see if you get the same reaction.<br><br>Post edited by: Tari, at: 2007/07/11 22:57

Guest Lidia

He doesn't hate your husband, he's jealous of the attention you give him! Poor Ollie feels like you're HIS and doesn't like sharing.

You may need to find a way, somehow, to include both husband and Ollie so that Ollie doesn't feel displaced in your family when your husband is around.

This might sound a little odd, but perhaps you might back off a little when your husband is around and let Ollie get attention from him rather than from you, so he learns you're both his humans (if you see what I mean!).

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your suggestions, although my husband has not changed his appearence in any way, but I will let him have time with him alone and him being the one to give him treats etc

Kay

Guest briansmum

hi kay, im having EXACTLY the same problem with brian, i have been doing what judy suggested and i encourage my other half to offer brian treats, let him out to play etc. it doesn't seem to be particularly doing anything yet but it will take time. the only time Steve (the man) can put his hand near brian is when he has food in it LOL