NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

poo is all watery no pasty or solid in it

justalady721

As you all know today has just been a week since houdini has been home. I have been having a small prolem getting him to eat his vegies and fruit. The breeder suggested not to leave his pellets in cage at night. which made since. so last night I left the pellets out.

He has ate alot more of his canalope today . but when he went potty a little bit ago it looked all clear and no white pasty stuff and no tubular part to it at all.

I finally took away the canalop and diced up his green pepper. he hasnt ate any of it and its been there oh about an hour. I need help I am not sure if I am doing something wrong I know his pooo shouldnt be all water. it was like he just pee'd and no poo is what it was like.

What should I do or not do. should I call the vet in the morning? I am so worried. I know he is still settling in could this maybe a reason it would be that way??

HELP !!!!!!

Thanks Debbie

Got any parrot mix? If so, give him some and dropping will return to normal. Don't give fruit every day. It has no health value and will cause very watery droppings.

"""""The breeder suggested not to leave his pellets in cage at night. which made since. so last night I left the pellets out. """""

Why does that make sense?

A parrot should have food in his bowl 24 hrs a day.<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/08/07 23:29

Birds like to snack any time of day or night so it makes sense to have some food available at all times and pellets fit that bill. The fresh stuff has to be removed soon after serving as it will spoil but the pellets are fine to leave some in the bowl.