NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Very happy about Harrisons & let's discuss poop!

lovethatgrey

Lately I've been slowly decreasing the amount of Roudybush that I give to Emma and increasing her portion of Harrison's High Potency pellets. I am very pleased to witness and say that practically 98% of the Harrison's is consumed and all that is left is tiny crumbs! In my opinion, it is great value to have your parrot consume a product in it entirety with very little waste. I have also noticed that she eats her Harrison pellets with alot of enjoyment and gusto. Even if the initial cost is a little more expensive than the other brands it feels like money well spent because the pellets are not being discarded and she {Feel-good-00020114}is getting a very good quality pellet.

What I have noticed is that her droppings seem to be larger and thicker in texture. I wonder what this indicates.

I hope other members can chime in with their experiences.

lovethatgrey wrote:

What I have noticed is that her droppings seem to be larger and thicker in texture. I wonder what this indicates.

I hope other members can chime in with their experiences.

I really can't comment on that as Josey has always ate the Harrisons but her poops usually aren't runny, most of the time it looks like a long curled worm.

"""What I have noticed is that her droppings seem to be larger and thicker in texture. I wonder what this indicates."""

It means that she's holding it in longer through the night. Parrots take their biggest dump during the early hours of the day. Some even let go with a mass explosion when they wake up and it has nothing to do with what you're feeding your bird.