NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

should i get another parrot?

windchimetime

i have an african grey, if i got another parrot (ruby macaw or hyacimth) would they get along (of course not in the same cage) but on their playpen

ive always wanted a huge parrot thats "dog like" i actually wanted a hyacinth before my grey but they didnt have any at the pet shop and i fell in love with my grey

is it too much time and work for two? i also have tons of other pets...i just dont want to get myself into something because ill have these 2 birds for the rest of my life, okus a few dogs( i always have to have dogs lol)

It is doubtful they would get a long.

Also, Macaws Health is affected in different degrees by the dander coming off in volumes from your grey. It is recommended that they are not kept in the same room.

They would probably not be "Buddies" or entertain and keep each other company.

If you did get one, it should only be because you want it, have the time and energy to spread around between all your critters etc.

yea, i guess it will only be a dream to get a hyacinth =p

when im a little bit older and have my own home i would like one, i would much rather adopt an older one like in it's 40's than get a new born, but they are super hard to find!

what do you think about getting a ruby/scarlet macaw?

or would that kinda be the same as getting a hyacinth....

i've only seen a hyacinth and scarlet once at a pet shop, but the guy would'nt let me near them =(

windchimetime wrote:

what do you think about getting a ruby/scarlet macaw?

What I said applies to all Macaws. Just enjoy your Grey and as time and life proceeds, you'll be better equipped to make your decision.

I think we are all enthralled with all Parrots and want everyone we see :P

But, then reality sets in and once we've taken all into consideration, time, money, space for them, attention needed etc., we decide to stick with what we have. :-)

A few have MANY parrots and do well at it, due to their unique circumstances.<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2009/08/07 17:38