NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What the.....??!!

I was searching for African Grey t-shirts on eBay when I found that people sell their AG feathers. They say that they are "naturally molted" feathers...I'm just wondering why on earth people would buy them?? Here's a link to just the feathers...

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=african+grey+feathers&category0=

I did a search of African Grey Feathers...weird!!

Do they bring good luck or something?

I was going to ask what everyone does with their feathers, especially the larger ones...but now I'm not so sure. :S

I am curious to know, do you save them? Throw them away? What do you guys do with them.....:dry:

Guest Lidia

RdnkParamedic21 wrote:

I'm going with the "born that way".. Like Foxworthy says "You mix stagnent pond water with raw sewage you don't get Evian" The gene pool is running a lil shallow in some spots I guess:woohoo:

Absolutely! Karma to you!

{Feel-good-000200BB}

Mind you, I've often wondered how many lovely pillows and duvets I could have made if I'd ever got around to collecting Joshua's downy feathers.

A friend gets Joshua's dropped red feathers to paint sometimes. Especially the different sized and textured ones, and the ones with grey and red. But I can't imagine wanting to wear his feathers as jewelry. Different strokes, I suppose.

Judy, Jesus on toast? Excellent, and I'd give you karma for that if I hadn't just given it to our paramedic.<br><br>Post edited by: Lidia, at: 2007/07/11 11:53

I saved some of our sun conures feathers for the scrap book.... now I'm saving some of the twins feathers also but they are so big, and they really haven't given me many yet....as for using them to make jewelry I have seen this also, (I make jewelry) but thinking about someone wearing my birds tail feather just grosses me out.

Guest briansmum

there are some strange things on ebay although as long as they are naturally molted, it's fine and some people to make beautiful jewelry with them.

i intend to keep the big feathers from brians first molt.. sentimental. but i dont know about all the ones after that.

Guest Monique

We have a lot of Native Americans in South Dakota and they make a lot of things using feathers including jewelry and ceremonial clothing and dress. I don't know if any of the outfits I have seen have used feathers from an African Grey but they definitely use a lot of feathers!!

Also, don't you think at some carnival somewhere they are still selling roach clips on leather strings connected to a few feathers? :)