NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The basket bird.

Eckobird

This is the journey of Ecko and his basket LOL. Ecko has a wicker basket that he absolutely LOVES! He can spend hours on it playing, chewing, whistling, staring, and basically just being a very good boy. I put foot toys at the bottom and turned it into a fun and cheap portable perch.

Ecko loves to come outside with me and just listen to all the birds. I brought him out with his basket and put him under the shade and he was loving it. Everytime the wind blew the leaves he would get mad at the leaves and growl at them haha.

a32e3007.jpg

ccac428c.jpg

He also loves those squeaky toys and chews them to pieces. The first time I gave him a squeaky toy he made it squeak and he dropped it like what the heck was that noise, haha and then picked it right back up and put a hole in it LOL.

964b984f.jpg

f7095187.jpg

He will sit on his basket and stare out the window forever. I don't know what it is about this basket but he gets so calm on it. Its a great thing to have.

SDC11290.jpg

Well I hope you enjoyed the journey of Ecko -the basket bird. :lol: :P

What a great idea that basket is - but Ecko is obviously much more gentle than Harvey - he'd have the handle pulled to bits in moments!! Ecko looks like he's loving it!!

Anyway Julie - exotic backgrounds - doesn't your back garden look like that!!! :laugh:

I made a basket perch for my birds and they never even went near it I filled it full of foot toys and I made a toy out of straws and tied and Hung a nice big toy from the handle. I has sat there for months and not a single one of my birds has checked it out. So I thought Harley might enjoy it and hung it in his cage he's has taken a bite out of most of the foot toys and emptyed it twice least he likes it.

HPIM4996-1.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/08/03 23:38

I have always used heavy baskets for my birds to perch on. I have found that I have had to put a 5 lb weight inside the basket to keep them from falling over. I then cut up a puppy pad inside them, and that is their potty baskets!

But I would be very careful, as they do tend to chew them, and the handles fall apart at the base. I have had my birds almost 4 years, and I have had to replace the baskets numerous times. Mine just sit on my counter. :silly:

Thank you all for the nice comments. We did have another basket for him but he chewed that one to pieces. So this is the 2nd one and for some reason he doesn't try to chew this one. There is something about this basket that he really likes because he is so gentle with it and thats not normal for him haha. :laugh:

Pat thats a great idea for Harley, I bet he will tear that basket up in no time with the big beak of his. :pinch:<br><br>Post edited by: caitb2007, at: 2009/08/04 16:33