NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Kid On The Block

Hello Noctor1404 and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this new grey.

Is this your first grey, first parrot? What country are you in? I am not sure what you mean by the paperwork side of things to be legal, maybe you can give us some more information so we can figure out what you are wanting for I am confused.

Hi I am living in Dublin in Rep of Ireland and yes it will be my very first Parrot added to be a member of the family

From my initial question about paperwork, the point I am trying to get is when the sale of the bird happens what is the required paperwork to insure I am not purchasing an illegal bird. I have typed the question in the live chat bit of the web page and judygram mentioned bill of sale and hatch certificate

Yes as long as the bird has a hatch certifiacate and or a closed leg band then that is all that is required to insure your bird was bred in captivity. Some breeders don't use leg bands because they can be dangerous but most do have some kind of hath cetificate to say that the baby was raise in captivity. Unless your buying a rehomed parrot I don't think you have much to worry about.

noctor1404 wrote:

Thank you so much for the info.... I dread to think it may not be the last time I will be posting questions

That is what we are here for, feel free to ask all the questions you may have, we have many knowledgeable members who can give you some answers or at least guide you in the right direction.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and others here will do what they can to help you.