NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Funny story at vet

lyndaelyzoo

Couldn't believe that my parrot did this at the vet's office, so had to share. My African Grey (Brutus) that I adopted from an avian vet ten years ago was missing some feathers by his beak, so I decided to take him to a bird vet. He was sitting on a perch in a plastic clear carrier cage in one of the examining rooms and when the vet walked in, he said "What kind of bird are you?" I swear!!! Then, when she put him on the electronic scale, he tells her "up" and after she put him back in his cage, he says "bye bye". Then when the examination was complete, he starts whistling as if he knows he passed his inspection!!!!

Anyways, I later learned that the missing feathers are from scratching himself on his food dish. When in his carrier cage, he picks up his food dish, dumps out the food, and stares at his reflection in the metal dish!!! Apparently, he sometimes scratches himself on the side of the dish when holding it. The price of vanity!!!!

LOL - What a GreYt story of a vet visit.

Brutus is one VERY entertaining and intelligent Grey. I would love to hear much more of him and see photos and videos!! We just don't get enough members sharing videos of their Greys, atleast not for me anyway. :-)

We havent heard from you in a while Lyn, its nice to see you back on the forum but it seems that Brutus is well and enjoying himself and life.

What a character he is asking the vet that question, you didn't say what the vet replied but glad to hear he checks out in fine shape.

The modest little fella, maybe you should get him a mirror so he can keep check on his looks without having to dump his food.:laugh: