NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Clicker training.

lovethatgrey

I haven't tried clicker training yet but I do plan on it in the near future. There was a post not too long ago about clicker training, heres the link if you want to check it out. http://www.greyforums.net/forums/training/144070-clicker-training.html#146040

That was a cute video. That tiel is very smart.<br><br>Post edited by: caitb2007, at: 2009/08/01 17:28

I often thought it would be fun to teach my birds a few tricks like that cockatiel I even bought one of those plastic toys for kids that have the different size rings to place on the pole. all my birds did was chew up the plastic rings. I did teach them how to turn around and I taught Tyco to wave but It seems lately I just play with them and talk with them. maybe I should try some clicker training I hear its great discipline for them and they really look forward to it and love to learn new things.

Hi Guys.. I have started clicker training for chikki.. he seems to be working well so far.. in fact its pretty good.. but i am not sure how it compares to other modes of training as i havent tried them.. but i can surely say that i am able to communicate to him effectively.. remember i am a newbie to pets and pet training.. an expert could do a lot better..

I do clicker training with Finnigan. I don't actually use a clicker though, I make the clicking noise with my mouth. It seems to work. Finnigan doesn't seem interested in doing any sort of physical training, like "turn around" or "wave", but she will say things and use props, like the rings or a ball. She can mimic the clicking asound and now whenever she does something she thinks is good she "clicks" for herself and expects to rewarded!;)

I have also used clicker training and the only reason I started it was to build a relationship with Kea. She was so good at it and we had so much fun and it really brought a closer.

One thing I was proud to teach her was to fetch a ring from the table and bring it back to me and place it in my hand. I would love to buy the little hoop and ball and get her to place the ball through the hoop.

The funny thing was that she loves my boyfriend and would do anything for him but when it came to fetch she would only bring the ring to me, hehe, she knew who was giving out the treats.