NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

2 New Video's

JJsHoney

Just 2 random video's I took because the other one was soo dark. I also have a question, does anyone have any type guesses as to what sex my baby is, my cousins wife SWEARS it is a girl because it never shuts up always making some kind of noise and scratches at the bottom already, but my cousin says male, just because after spending so much time with it he feels thats what it is lol any one want to guess?

you can hear the baby "clicking" and also bringing up some food from the crop, I got a handfull of it after the video stopped!

th_BabyGrey10weeks2.jpg

th_BabyGrey10weeks3.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: JJsHoney, at: 2009/07/31 19:39

Hi

As I have told jungledreamz in a previous post, this has worked many times in guessing the sex of a grey.

Check the 2 corner bones on the underside close to where the red begins at the base of the tail. If the 2 bones are wide apart enough for a finger to go between, then its probably a girl (to allow a passage way for the egg), if not, and if they are tightly close to each other, it would probably be a boy. This has worked out so far in guessing the sex. Its a rule they use to check if Falcons are male or female (explained by the vet). I hope it works for you

{Nature-00020095}

Checking the pelvic bones is not always accurate! When birds are immature their pelvic bones can be equally spread apart in both sexes!! Not completely a true way to tell the sex. Kinda like females having longer necks. Anyway, very cute hungry baby! Let us know what sex it is when you find out! AND Congratulations!!! I have had mine for awhile now and she is 8 wks old. BUT such a joy!! Have fun and take lots of pics....they grow TOOOOOOO fast!!!!! :( LOL

I am forever asking ym cousin to feed him, but he or she was just fed about 2-3 hours before this vid, and was fed about an hour later usually around 1 in the afternoon is lunch and anywhere from 7-8 is supper, and i think breakfast is at 7 also, even when the baby is "overflowing" it still crys, all blood work came back great.. but LOL we forgot to check the little "sex" box!!!! sooooo we have to wait another week oh well,

oh and also, the baby for the last week or so has not put on any weight so after confering with Vet he is back on Stage 1 food, and also "instant Ounces" to hopefully put him back in the normal range, because we all think he is WAY to small...