NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

George has had a fit /seizure ! Long Post

Poppy

As you know George went to the vets boarders today cause im going on my hols .I put him in his travel cage last night( he has been in it many times before ) and this morning he seemed really happy .I put him in the car and started on the 45 min journey to the vets ,all went well george was happy in the car talking away.I got to the vets booked him in and then turned round to say bye .......George was on his back shaking like anything ,claws all askew and vomiting from his nose . Alan the vet was there fortunately so he took control said George was having a fit talked to him gently let him come out of it then cleaned him up and put him back .He was very tired and really unsteady after all this so Alan took him into the hospital at the back for some quiet. He seems to think it is stress related due to it not happening before and used to travelling and the travel cage .It was so scarey .I was in tears .I have left George at the vets and said he could do all available tests .There is not a lot more I can really do but leave him there and hope things calm down and get better.I anm gonna ring again at 5-00pm for more update .Im due to go on my holidays tomorrow and am in turmoil really. He is in the best place possible and I have got all the vets numbers and he said i could text or ring anytime for an update and go and enjoy my holiday :(

Oh dear poor Georgie i hope hes goin to be alright its fortunate that you got to the vets poppy i would have paniced big time I know your holiday is booked but Georgies in good hands so you go on ya holls hes only a phone call away

Oh Poppy, that's terrible! You must have been terrified and shaking too. Sounds like it happened in the best place though so you were very lucky there. I know it will be hard for you to "enjoy" your holiday under the circumstances but what can you do for George? He is in the best place and as others have said, he is only a phone call away.

Please let us know any updates.

oh my that's terrible news. I hope everything will be OK. I hope its nothing serious. maybe the Dr. is right when he says its just stress after all the preparations for your holi and the stress he senses from you and being taken to a strange place where he's probably knows he going to have to stay for awhile That's enough to scare any bird. Thank goodness it happened there and not at home it must have been terrifying For you I could just imagine I would be a total basket case.

Thanks Caroline you are a rock and a star .A shoulder to cry on . The update on george is that he is now settled and has a calc and antibiotic injection as a precaution and will be kept under close observation for the next few days .Many Thanks for all your concern it was so nice .:)

Thanks for the update Marie, Im glad George has settled.

Try not to worry if that is possible, I know your holiday wont be the same but just remember, he is in the best place possible.

Im sure you will be in regular contact with the vets and this should put your mind at ease.

I'm sorry to hear that what an awful thing to have happen just before you go on holidays you must be sososo upset. Thank goodness it happened at the vet at least he couldn't be in a better place getting the best of care. Try not to worry to much you can always call everyday to make sure he's doing Ok He's in good hands. please keep us updated and I will be praying that it isn't anything serious. maybe he was scared to be away from you and it was just stress like the DR. said.