NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Doppleganger!!

JillyBeanz

We've come home tonight to find that somebody has sneaked into the house, removed our lovely Harvey and replaced him with a one from the local pet jail!

This intruder is being soooo naughty it unbelievable! He has already tonight chewed my blinds, my lamp, my cushion cover, my scarf (oh yes, it's no summer up here!), the edge of my desk and now, as I type, he's trying to pull the keys from my keyboard! :evil:

Each time we remove him from the offending position he returns there :whistle: (or indeed finds another place to start his destruction) quicker than we blink! He's on a one-parrot mission to rip the house apart.

Please Mr Parrot Burglar, I beg of you to return my lovely, cuddly, loving, friendly young parrot Harvey, because the one you've left me is getting steadily on my nerves!!!! ;)

So, Harvey has finally decided that the wooing and Honeymoon is over. You are now seeing the REAL Harvey, all that "Best Behaviour", Manners and extra grooming that it took to get you to fall head over heels in love with him is Done, finished and forgotten. Now, it is time to turn the place into His place, oh and the toilet seat will be left UP from now on.... :P

No No No! Dan you are so wrong! Harvey has been stolen and his evil twin has taken up residence!! Please let me believe this for at least tonight ;)

Jooles - you may want to re-phrase your last question - are you asking if Dan leaves the toilet seat up!!!!! :laugh:

JillyBeanz wrote:

Jooles - you may want to re-phrase your last question - are you asking if Dan leaves the toilet seat up!!!!! :laugh:

I just take the 5th on that question either way you wish it to be taken. :P

Ok, Jilly, you get one more night in fantasyland. But, don't blame me if you wake up and it's still the "Other" Grey. :-)

LOL to you both - thanks Dan - I appreciate the extra time to wallow in my self indulgence that the kindly burglar will bring my Harvey back and take this deviant to his rightful owner (if he asks for payment I'll kindly give it!!).

Julie - the description from Dan is all too human - he's just transposing it to fit into the parrot world - we'll find out soon enough!!! :lol:

Ah the bait and switch, Harvey has lured you in with his sweetness, his lovey dovey attitude and now he has turned the tables on you and is a naughtly little boy, oh well I guess you will just have to live with him Jill.:whistle: :blink: :laugh:

You're not wrong there Judy - the "butter wouldn't melt" face has disappeared and the "I'm gonna turn your house upside down" mask has finally slipped!

Roll on tomorrow - at least I'll have wine to dull the pain of Harvey's (evil twin's) destruction! (after my hols my liver is pulsating so I haven't drank this week to give it a rest!!)

JillyBeanz wrote:

You're not wrong there Judy - the "butter wouldn't melt" face has disappeared and the "I'm gonna turn your house upside down" mask has finally slipped!

Roll on tomorrow - at least I'll have wine to dull the pain of Harvey's (evil twin's) destruction! (after my hols my liver is pulsating so I haven't drank this week to give it a rest!!)

That is just too funny for words!!!

{Feel-good-0002006E}

Terrible twos! He's only 7 months old - okay then - please give me the next 17 months for free - I'll deal with it then!!!

Actually - when I got him up this morning before I came to work (it's 07.11 am here now) he was all sweetness and light - that's only because he wanted his morning tickle and piece of toast I think - see - he's manipulative too! OMG!

PS. 12 hours and counting for my lovely, refreshing glass of wine!!! (swiftly followed by the rest of the bottle)!!! :laugh:

Jilly, I think you may have my Charlie.Sounds so much like him.Oh and he is six now.I am turning grey and many times needed to see the bottle of wine empty.Mind you My little hooligan has just shredded a load of paper and flapped his wings so the living room looks like it has snow on the ground so maybe Charlie is still hear.Oh well back to the cleaning.<br><br>Post edited by: she, at: 2009/07/31 12:51

I am glad to hear that our mini-morons could join a gang tho - perhaps calling themselves the "Feathered Fiends".

Oh, the time is nearing - I'm now home from work and after my flit around the internet and my hoovering and dusting (oh yes, that's another thing - his flaming dander!)the bottle of Chardonnay beckons.......!

PS - Harvey is now quiet, sweet, calm, placid...... perhaps that's because his head is in his food bowl!!! ;)

Ha Ha - LOL - Honestly Davey - he's now standing on the top of his cage quacking like a duck! I don't have a clue where he's got that one from (unless my mam has been teaching him this while I've been away).

I've only been in 3/4 of an hour and he's been on the lamp, the chairs in the conservatory, chewed the cord from the blinds, chewed the blinds, been upstairs, been on the dining room table, chairs and windowsill....need I go on! No wonder I've turned to drink!!! :blush: