NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Should I Leave a TV on???

bigtiny50

i got mine a week on monday and i leave the tv on but radio stations. he is a very vocabulated grey. with sayings and he does swear (not taught by me )if i go out with hubby i leave radio on the tv for him as he sits on play stand and talks. he dont like getting bk in cage when its time for bed. so we have to bribe him in there. also hes learnt to fly to me and land on my head and shoulders and pinch my drink of apple juie and orange juice hes just begining to do that only started that yesterday .

Guest Monique

We go in spurts of leaving the TV or Radio on or off for the birds. We also have the Bird Sitter DVD but the birds only get to watch it when we're not home now because I cannot stand listening to it!!!!! :)

Guest Lidia

mandiskem wrote:

he dont like getting bk in cage when its time for bed. so we have to bribe him in there.

Once you get him into a routine for his bedtime he will willingly go in. As soon as my Joshua hears the words, "Is it time for bed?", he knows he's going in and steps onto my hand and allows me to put him onto his sleep-perch.

Once I maintain the routine and am consistent, he is cooperative. If you tend to put him in at the same time every evening, he will get used to it. But if you put him in the cage for bedtime and then are still in the room behaving as normal, watching TV, etc, then he will not respond because he'll just feel left out of his flock.

Let us know how it goes!

Guest briansmum

i always leave paramount comedy on when we go out, theres lots of laughter for him then. i think i will find the cartoon channels though and see what he makes of those

It's more entertaining, birds talking, whistling, eating, interacting. It's very colorful and good close ups of many different kinds of parrots. Talon really hasn't picked up anything from it, but she enjoys having the company of other birds. :woohoo:

Guest Lidia

Talon wrote:

It's more entertaining, birds talking, whistling, eating, interacting. It's very colorful and good close ups of many different kinds of parrots. Talon really hasn't picked up anything from it, but she enjoys having the company of other birds. :woohoo:

I'm sure the sounds are great, but the actual visual aspect probably is not effective because AGs see the flicker rate of TVs much more than we do (just as they see further into the violet and ultra-violet spectrum. I always leave the radio on for Joshua, but I might leave a CD of birdsong to see if that has any effect on him.