NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello from Virginia

TAG

Hello!

My name is Lindsey, and I am a new member from Northern Virginia. I'm 26 years old.

I'm the mom of a male Timneh grey, who hatched June 10th, which makes him about 6 weeks old now. I haven't come up with a name for him yet, but I am thinking he *might* be named Harley. Even though he currently lives at his aviary since he has not started weaning yet, I go visit him every day.

As far as my flock goes, I also have a 26 year old cockatiel, and a 3 year old Pacific parrotlet (both males).

I'm a complete animal lover. I have a dog, 2 cats, several tropical fish and 2 horses which I compete on.

I thought now would be the best time to get a grey, which I have wanted my entire life, because I work form home. I'll be able to spend plenty of time with him.

I can't wait to bring him home!

I will be reading this board to get lots of information on training and making his life the best I can do.

I look forward to chatting with all of you :)<br><br>Post edited by: TAG, at: 2009/07/29 14:01

Hello Lindsey and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and your Tag.

I am from Virginia also, from the southwestern part.

Harley sounds like a good name for a male grey but then you may change your mind when you actually bring him home, something about his personality may bring one to mind.

Thats wonderful you work from home, something a lot of us wish we could do, you will be able to spend a lot of time with him.

Please do read thru all the threads for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Since you go visit with him every day, why not take a few pictures and share with us.

Hello and welcome pull up a perch and make yourself at home. Boy you must take very very good care of your Cockatiel that is really old for those birds I like the name Harley I am adopting a Harlequin Macaw with the name Harley and My sister had an Amazon with that name as well. You are really lucky to be able to visit you little Grey baby everyday and even luckier to work from hom so you'll have lots of time to spend with him. I can't wait to see some pictures of your flock and your furry guys also I love horses I had one as a kid for a while until my parents had to move to the city and we couldn't keep him any longer I always said one day I would get another one but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I'd really like to see some pictures of yours though welcome again and ask as many question as you need to there are lots of very knowledgeable people here that are willing to share.

Hi Lindsey, welcome to the forum! Congrats on getting a baby TAG. Harley is a great name if thats what you decide on. I am also a huge animal lover myself and grew up with a lot of animals. Thats pretty cool that you compete with horses, they are such amazing animals. We love pictures around here so if you want to share your new baby TAG and your other animals with us that would be great. We have a Photography room and an Other Birds room. I hope to hear more from you, feel free to ask as many questions as you want. ;)<br><br>Post edited by: caitb2007, at: 2009/07/29 15:46

Welcome Lindsey and flock, herd, cats and fishes!!

It's GreYt having you here.

Thanks for posting such a nice introduction. It's wonderful that you can go visit our baby Grey everyday. That makes the coming home day much more tolerable.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing some photos when you get a chance. :-)