NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Grey found in Liverpool.

she

A grey has been found in the Bootle area of Liverpool.He was rescued after a young lad went into a local pet shop and told the owner Stephen McNally, who went and got the bird and is looking after him untill its owner is found.The grey is a very friendly social bird and someone has spent a lot of time and effort with him.Stephen has named the bird Laney.I know its a long shot but if anyone can help reunite the bird and its owner it would be fantastic.The bird is very well cared for and seems to be enjoying its adventure and the company of Stephens own grey Chico.All possable avenues are being taken to find the owner including a very large spread in the Liverpool Echo.Stephen and his wife Margi are doing all they can.

If anyone can help please contact Petmania on 01519334674 or me hear on the forum

Post edited by: she, at: 2009/07/28 23:24<br><br>Post edited by: she, at: 2009/07/28 23:26

The lost grey has been to the vet,all is fine but he has no micro chip:silly: But the good news is that unbelievabley six people have been in contact and are in the process of seeing if it is there grey.The ring number on its band is being kept unavailable and will hopefully be the clue to his rightfull owner.I really hope they are reunited soon.

It is .so sad that six greys are missing in this area. I am very concerned about that,whats going wrong.I dont think Laney has been lost for long,he was not in bad condition .I have not seen him myself yet but from what petmania told me he was fine.We will continue to look for his owner and Steve and Margi are keeping him untill the owner is found.

I went to see Laney this afternoon.He/she is a really nice grey and so friendly.His owners have still not been found but the search continues.People have made contact from as far as 150 miles away so I just cant understand how his owners dont know where he is.He was spending the day at the shop and was loving the company and attention. He is behind the counter and a glass screen so customers cant bother him and he was lapping it up.He is someones much loved pet and its a shame.<br><br>Post edited by: she, at: 2009/08/08 21:22

I was in the garden yesterday and Harvey was out on his stand (harnessed of course) and a woman stopped to look at him who lived nearby. She told me that a year ago she went into her garden to hang her washing and sitting on her fence was a CAG. She had no experience of parrots, or indeed birds, and she whistled at it. The bird flew straight over to her.

She contacted the police, the RSPCA and local vets and to this day this parrot hasn't been claimed. It now lives over the road with a guy who had a CAG. The parrot was well cared for, friendly and could talk loads - how on earth can people not look for their babies? Goes to show you doesn't it. :(

• 1 month later...

Yes he is in the magazine.everything has been tried to find his owner.The strand shopping centre has even put up a £200 pound reward for anyone who can help find the owners.No luck. Laney is doing very well and I think he loves being in the shop of a day. Him and Chico take it in turns to have trips to the shop.

Where the heck is this beautiful greys parronts. If I lost one of my birds I would never stop looking for him/her heaven forbid that it ever happens. My birds are everything to me it would be like loseing one of my own birth children. I wouldn't be able to move on until that bird was back home safe and sound. what is it with Lanies parronts do they think oh well the bird flew away he's gone to bad. I am really having a hard time understanding why they haven't come forward to claim their bird. Maybe 1 of those 6 people was his parront but something happen and they can't take care of him anymore so they left him knowing that he has a good home and is happy.

I feel lie you Pat.Many more than six people have now enquired about Laney,some from miles and miles away.I am begining to think that his owners know he is in a good home and dont want him back,with the recesion and such.