NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

not weaning but won't eat right.

ricoarmenta

My baby is 7 weeks old today. I've been giving her a little veggies and human baby food like green beans and sweet potatoes. After I started giving her a little she doesn't want her formula. But she can't eat on her own. And she doesn't take anything even finely chopped up. Anything remotely solid and she just spits It out. When I put the syringe in her mouth she no longer pumps. She let's just enough food go in her to make a mouth full then pulls her head away and chews it up. I guess this sounds normal but I wanted to make sure. Just a few days ago she was taking 50cc a feeding

At 7 weeks, she should be getting about 50 to 60 cc each feeding.

My Grey maintained an intake of 60 cc formula until he was 15 weeks old. He was also eating little bits of fruits, veggies, legume mixes etc. from about 8 weeks onwards, but just very minute amounts. More playing with them than anything as were the other 7 chicks.<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2009/07/28 23:11

Adaya ate like that when she wasn't really hungry I would give your vet a call and maybe just give her some chopped up fine broccoli in her cage and baybe some cocateil siz zupreem fruity pellets to crunch up thats what I started Adaya on she loved chopped up broccoli then I started addind grated carrots and snap peas just the peas not the pod she weaned really well and she still love all her veggies.

• 3 weeks later...