NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Progress with Slater

Eckobird

Do you remember that thread I posted about Slater(my moms 3 year old CAG) being a one person bird? How he only likes my mother and nobody else. Well there has been some huge progress with Slater and I. Before I wasn't able to get him to step up to me at all, but now he has stepped up a couple times without biting or trying to bite. I can also give him scratches more and even pet down his back, well sometimes. And the other day was the biggest thing that happened! He REGURGITATED for ME!!! How crazy is that!! I couldn't believe it, my mom couldn't either. I was just sitting there talking to him while he was on his perch, I was making noises and he would copy the noises I made and then all of a sudden he start gurging and making whining noises lol what a silly boy. I am so proud of him and so happy that he is starting to trust me a lot more.

1a82ca1f.jpg

Now if only my own baby Ecko would show me love like Slater has lol still working on them both, patience is the key!:P

You got it patients is the key with all birds young and old. I'm so happy that Slater loves you thats just wonderful news and I'm sure with time and patient Ecko will be gurging for you also. I know your feeling disappointed about Ecko picking your bf over you but at least knowing that Slater loves you will help take the sting away a bit.<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/07/28 00:00

Awwww, congratuations Caitlin on winning over Slaters Heart!! :-)

Thanks for sharing this news of his progress in becoming much more social.

I guess it's time to have the birds and the bees talk with him and "protection", since he's venturing out now. ;-):P :side: