NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

our new Family member!

Pfccamp

:cheer: we got are new Family member,a 22 year old Congo named Cory. I absolutely love him he is great. he likes me already he puts his head down a little and flutters his wings for me. he is great we are taking him to the vet Monday to have his foot looked at. it don't look good, it was suggested that he might have a club foot.we were told it was broken 12 years ago. i hope we can get him all better fast we love him already.

Post edited by: Pfccamp, at: 2009/07/26 15:50<br><br>Post edited by: Pfccamp, at: 2009/07/29 20:46

Congratulations on your new Greys arrival!!

He sounds like a wonderful grey that is well socialized. :-)

It's good to hear your taking him to the vet first thing for a wellness check and a look at that foot.

Looking forward to hearing how the vet visit went and tons of photos. :-)

Congrats on getting your rescue Cory and glad to hear he took to you so well but be prepared for little changes in the coming weeks and months as he settles in and more of his personality comes out, you are in the honeymoon phase right now. Not trying to scare you or anything but older greys will take a little time to become comfortable and "let their hair down" so to speak.

Thats unfortunate he has a bad foot, hopefully the vet will be able to do something for it but you are doing the right thing to take him in for a checkup.

Don't be too hard on the rescue you got him from, you would probably be surprised how many they get and even though some of them might have physical problems their funds are lacking since most run on donations, I'm sure they did the best they could.

thats great news i hope the vet says the same about my new rescue i'm adopting he's not a Grey and I'm just about positive he will have some health issues the way he's been living.Your so lucky that Cory has taken to you so quickly he must of had a very loving owner previously

we hope your new family member is OK. i cant understand how people can treat their bird or any living thing as bad as they do i wish we could adopt a lot more birds but unfortunately we can only afford the vet bills for the family we have. if i were a vet between me and my wife our house would be a zoo lol