NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I'm pissed off BIG TIME

So the congress just voted on a Gun Rights bill that would have allowed me and other law abiding, conceal carry permit owners, to freely travel in the United States with their carry permits being honored by all states. Not just a few.

It was defeated by just 2 votes.. It was 58 to 39 against.. I am so pissed that I can't begin to explain how I feel about this.. SO.. I'll let Ted Nugent tell you for me..

http://biggeekdaddy.com/miscvideos/TedNugent.html

I know how you feel Frank, I don't have a concealed carry permit but this is just another nail in the coffin to get rid of our guns, and believe me that is exactly what they want to do eventually, but not from me, no sir, only from my cold dead fingers.:angry:

The only thing a bill like that will do is get rid of the guns belonging to law abiding people. The gangs and the crooks will still have theirs.

Gun laws are very strict here in New Zealand, and you can only own them if you are a collector or are a hunter. Again, doesn't stop the gangs from owning them though.

So you guys have my support there.

In England it against the law to even think about a gun, you get 4 years for carrying a knife.

Police dont carry, neither security.

But crooks as you call them deal in guns.

We call them something else.

This WE NEED MORE OF.

4.gif

Bernie.

• 3 weeks later...

Let me start with, I have little desire to own a firearm, but being a southern boy I understand the passion that this conversation carries. I feel it is absolutely insane that if you go though the processes you can't carry your concealed weapon from state to state, I saw just how stupid this was in Ocean City, MD in 2008. We go to a H20 International, a VW/Audi "show and shine" turned full-fledged car show, and one of our guys from NC had his concealed unloaded pistol in his car. On the way to our Beathany Beach DE beach house, he was pulled for a dead tail light. He told the cop up front, I have a concealed weapon in my glove box. The officer arrested him on the spot, weapons are illegal in Deleware (this may have been in MD? I don't really recall, the two states intertwine around the Costal Highway), regardless, it took a year to battle. He lost the gun (not a huge loss in the grand scheme, it was an old piece that he wasn't really attached to), but he didn't end up serving any jail time. He was released from holding after a few hours.

Now, what that stated. I prefer tasers and stun guns, preffibly the ones that exceed 400,000 volts -- more than 5 seconds will permanently affect muscles. Guns can leave cool scars for thugs to talk about, but there is not glamming up a gimpy arm. That's my logic, anyway.

This bill should have passed.