NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Talon Hits 1000th Post

CeasarsDad

Every so often you meet someone so special they are embedded in your mind forever. Someone who really understands the important things in life.. Things like Love for others, caring, compassion, dignity and respect. Eight months ago in a forum far far away I had the pleasure of meeting one such person. I was the Newbie in that forum at the time, but this person saw to it that I felt at home with my new family.

I appreciated this quality about this person and formed a friendship that will last a lifetime. When I came here to this forum, she followed me wanting to give the same warm feelings she gave me to the new people joining here every day.

This person also recently caught the eye of forum management and was promoted to Moderator of the African Grey Room and the Training room.. Not only will she be extending her warmth to all the new members she will also have the ability to help them in ways she wasn't able to in the past..

Penny aka TALON.. Let me be the first to Congratulate you on your 1000th post and thank you for doing so much for this forum.. Let me also extend a personal "Thank you" from my heart.. For helping me when I was that Newbie struggling to find my way in a big new place...

Hey everyone lets extend our warmest wishes to Talon for her milestone achievement of reaching the 1000 post count.. If ever there was a forum member that deserved this minute in the sun light it's Talon.

talon1000th.gif<br><br>Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2007/07/09 03:26

talon1000th.gif

Congratulations Penny on reaching the 1000th post on this forum for greys. I know you are happy to have achieved this mark and you should have accomplished it sooner. You see I have been chasing your tail since we joined a former forum and I managed to catch up and pass you in the past few days for the first time to take this distinction first. You should have been at that mark first but now you are here with CD and I, and I can’t tell you how happy that makes me for the three of us to be here together, sharing our stories, pictures, questions, answers, jokes and the general good times we all have here.

Penny and CD are two of the finest people you will ever meet and they share a love of their greys and helping the other members of this forum with their problems and questions. I think Penny will make an excellent Moderator for this forum and we already know that CD is very good at being an admin.

Penny’s daughter, Melissa, has done an excellent job on the banners for our celebration of these milestones and my heartfelt thanks goes to her, I think she may have found her calling in life.

Penny you will not have to chase me any more as I know you will be taking the lead again, this ole girl is slowing down, so we are looking forward to celebrating again in a few months for your 2000th post, you go girl.

Thank you Penny for being my friend and may you always be blessed with good health, a good man and a long and prosperous life.

I love you,

Judy

{Love-00020116}{Love-000200C2}

Talon, CONGRATULATIONS!!! and thank you VERY much for your welcoming me into your guys' family and your eagerness to help me with any questions! I look forward to be able to put your tips to use. Again, congrats, you deserve it!<br><br>Post edited by: RdnkParamedic21, at: 2007/07/09 05:22

Guest briansmum

well done penny! you really deserve all these wonderful messages. CD is so right, you are so warm and welcoming, as we have found out recently sometimes it is difficult to take the manner in which posts are intended on forums, but i never mistook anything from you. when i first joined and was asking allll those questions you were one of the ones i expectantly awaited a reply from. your advice is priceless and your kindness, humour and charm are second to none. be proud of your achievement!

now you can moderate us all into little talons ;)

{Communicate-000200D5}

Hey, Everyone! I can't say "THANK YOU" enough for all your kind words. :) You have made me feel so loved and welcome here. This truly is the BEST family one could ever ask for. I am very proud and honored to be a part of it.

May you all be here for your 1000 post celebration, as we plan to continue the tradition. So get posting everyone!!

16.gif