NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ow the Improvement

KiwiandSally

I posted last week that I really thought my new rehomed bird hated me.I wanted to report some improvement. I have sat in the room every evening with her and just talked to her. I am also the only one that feeds her. Last night I got her to eat from my hand, I handled her, and she gave me kisses all without being bitten. I am so excited and there is hope! I think we will be great friends. Thanks for all the encouragement and idea you all gave me!:woohoo:

Wen

It just takes some time and patience, greys are slow to take to any kind of change and when rehomed you have to give them time to settle in and feel comfortable, I would imagine things will slowly improve as time goes on but this is great to hear, keep up the good work.

Wow thats so great I'm glad things are improving I took 7 or 8 Months before Tyco allowed me to give her scritches but I never gave up trying and now after 2 years we have a great relationship she's not a cuddly bird by any means but she loves her scritches and kisses before bed and she doesn't bite me and thats as good as it gets with her and I'm happy with that as long as she steps up when I ask her to we get along great and I'm sure you and your birds relationship will start improving by leaps and bounds now that you have earned her trust.