NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New To Board

Hello, My name is chip and I wanted to introduce myself. We have two African Grey's and we love them to death. Pablo is a male Congo that I got in February of 2002. Until recently he favors me. Tika is a female Timnah who my spouse rescued in June 2008. We think she is about two years old. She was rejected by her original owners because she didn't talk. She favors my spouse who has really bonded with her and she picks up on tricks really fast. We have some cool videos of Pablo at http://http://www.youtube.com/user/chipcouncil<br><br>Post edited by: chipcouncil, at: 2009/07/21 17:58

Welcome to our board. This is the best place to come around and relax on our perches. We have many people who have CAGs and TAGs all living in one home. Variety is the spice of life. I hope you enjoy yourself here. Plenty of info on this board.

Hello Chip and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you, Pablo and Tika.

Another member with more than one grey, yes we have quite a few members who have more than one, some with more than two and even more than three, the more the merrier but alas not always but we find a way to work it out.

That is so sad that Tika was rejected because she didn't talk, a few greys will not talk but they are such amazing creatures that if mine didn't talk I would love her all the same.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Thanks for sharing a video with us and if you have some pictures you would share with us we would appreciate it.

Yes we were disgusted that she was so mistreated. Actually Tika is starting to talk a little but we chose to love her regardless. She is really a cool bird. She is not too fond of me, but thats ok. She is great with children who come to visit and she seems to play the background music for Pablo is whistling the songs I taught him.

At first we had separate cages but they seemed to want to be together. Sometimes Pablo picks on her but not very often. When he does she screams so we can intervene. Its funny because when he does pick on her he keeps saying "Are you ok?" while she is screaming. He usually stops as soon as we walk in the room but they really do love each other.