NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

videos on training and bonding :)

imran

Guest briansmum

yes talon i have just started clicker training with brian. he got the "touch" command down in a couple of goes and i almost have him "shaking hands", his attention span is still a bit short LOL so we couldn't work for long. i'm going to get my other half to start doing it with him as it has got to the point that he can't go near the bird without him biting.

Guest briansmum

apparently so, i suppose it depends what you're teaching them and how well bonded you are with them in the first place. and then once you've got them doing the command with the clicker you have to get them doing it without.

for example, like i said brian got the "touch" down in a couple of tries, but i can touch his beak without him flinching anyway, if your grey wont let you touch them, then it is going to take much longer. you see what i mean? :)

Clicker training definitely sounds like it's worth a shot... I'm going to try it on my bratty CAG :laugh: I want to start right now, but I don't have a clicker yet...

What kind of treats do you all recommend using with this method? My grey is kind of picky and there aren't many foods he'll eat while anyone is watching.

Hello,

I need a clicker... Any mail order sites? There is nothing in UAE????:angry:

Alsso, will this work for a Ring neck? my ring neck is soooo well behaved compared to the CAG.

Anyone knows a way to quiet a CAG using a clicker? maybe click when he is screaming?

It should work for any type of bird. I wouldn't know about sites to order online, I looked for one online but they all came with a dvd or had expensive shipping so I just went to the nearest pet shop and picked one up. It was made for dogs, but same thing.

If you want to quiet your screaming grey, click when he stops screaming and becomes quiet. Then give the treat. He will learn that *quiet* is a good behavior and sometimes even gets him a treat. :3

You should be able to find a clicker at any pet store, or you can get a great price online like here:

http://www.amazon.com/s/103-3545967-6836624?ie=UTF8&tag=mozilla-20&index=blended&link%5Fcode=qs&field-keywords=clicker&sourceid=Mozilla-search

I would definitely get a book though, this is a good one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Getting-Started-with-Clicker-Training-for-Birds-CQS25_W0QQitemZ230152746147QQihZ013QQcategoryZ378QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, Don't Shoot the Dog, bu Karen Pryor, I believe she goes into all animals, not just dogs in this book.

• 2 months later...
Guest briansmum

you bet me to it, i was going to share this one. i know the guy (kinda) his name is andrew i have spoken to him via messenger regularly, he might sound like he's from down under but he's actually living in kansas now. he has a great relationship with his bird.

while he is by no means a professional (he's actually a hypnotist) he does have some great tips. i had asked his permission to share this video (thats my comment on there) and am thinking of asking him to join the forum to answer any questions etc. so if anyone has anything they'd like to ask let me know and we can start and new thread and i'll ask him drop in some time. like i said he's not a professional bird trainer but his grey Tui is very bonded to him.

Guest briansmum

yeah the videos of tui are so funny, i've seen her live on webcam too, she's such a cutie "gonna swing... wooosh" look at that!" :)

Thanks for posting those great videos, imran.

Tui is one of my favorite's on youtube. Along with marvin and that guy who does his vlogs.

Thanks again! Might just have to get a clicker and start working with Ponti on this!<br><br>Post edited by: matt314159, at: 2007/10/09 12:06

Guest briansmum

yes i have started training with the clicker again now, i had to hide it for a while because brian got hold of it once and presumed it was a toy for him. i find it works well, he was waving after about 5 minutes with the clicker :)