NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Benefit of palm nut

dhorje

This is another result of palm nut added to Buddy's diet. Look at the coloration of the beak. It changed to deep orange within a few weeks after consumption of palm nuts.

Before.

DSC_0127.jpg

par2.jpg

After.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: dhorje, at: 2009/07/19 10:12

Wish we had access to the real red palm nut here in the USA, but we don't.

Fortunately though, the Red Palm Oil added to foods works great also.

The improvement in those photos is amazing. It clearly illustrates how critical the diet for our FIDs makes a huge difference.

Thanks for sharing this and Karma to you. :-)

dhorje where do you obtain these palm nuts? I bought a jar of African Palm Fruit Extract on the net some months ago but ended up getting ripped off and never recieving the product. They hit me up for like $50 on a 4 oz. jar. I have been combing the net relentlessly looking for African Palm nuts or the Extract but I cannot find it!!! GRRRRR!!! I have read about people using it and they say it is so beneficial for our birds. I know some people use the red palm oil but from what I have read it is nothing compared to the Palm nuts or the Extract. Would you please point me in the right direction as to where I can order some that will ship to the U.S. ?? By the way I am very sorry for your loss; Lucky:( Thanks.

BTW, I am from Malaysia. As far as I know nobody sells palm nuts here in loose and nobody would buy them too.

The palm nuts are collected from the plantations and are sent directly to factories where they are being processed.

I get mine from my mom in law's plantation. Palm nuts grow mold pretty fast, within 2 days. By the time they reached you, I think they will rot. I have to keep them in the freezer. Sorry, I won't be able to help. I read somewhere in this forum, palm extract and the nuts can be purchased in UK. Maybe those UK members are able to help you.

I get Beau's palm nuts from Northern Parrots online:

http://www.24parrot.com/product.asp?pf_id=53222a&QSI=cc1ea84f-8d80-4f0b-9229-b2b2fbcb80bb

In the 3 months since we've had Beau I've noticed a significant difference in the condition of his feathers, they seem silkier - almost oily to the touch. I'm not sure if this is due to the palm nuts he eats or because we regularly spray him with a 50% water/50% aloe vera juice combo but whatever the reason, it's doing wonders for his feathers. :-)