NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Dayo - Week 10

danmcq

Sorry...had problem with images and could not redo it.

We just got back from the Breeders visiting Dayo.

We also received his actual Hatch Date 4-28-07. So today he is 10 weeks old. We were off by one week in our previous understanding.

He weighed 527 grams Today.

Here are some photo's we took today:

Dayo Posing:

Reduced_2007_0707African_Congo0011.JPG[/img] Reduced_2007_0707African_Congo0014.JPG

Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/07 23:17<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/07 23:19

Reduced_2007_0707African_Congo0014.JPG

Thanks you guys!

Just a little disappointed that Dayo is a week younger than previous thought...

Oh well, it's still fun playing with him and the rest of the clutch :-)

That little sun is a ball of fire and in everything!!!

The breeder did say though, that once Dayo starts eating a little more on his own, which he did pretty good today....That we can bring him home for 5 - 6 hours at a time and start interacting with him more and getting him used to his permanent home and cage ....Ya Hoooo :woohoo: :woohoo:

Heres his clutch in the cage....when I tried to put my hand in, they all tried to bite really hard..the buggers are getting protective of their home...imagine that :-)

Reduced_2007_0707African_Congo0009.JPG<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2007/07/07 23:28

Reduced_2007_0707African_Congo0009.JPG

Ah Dan, your baby hatched nearly the same time as mine. I have no hatch certificate as my breeder refuses to even approach the cage until they have been hearing baby noises for 2-3 weeks but my approximate hatch date is May 1st. It's very trusting of your breeder to let you take him home. I bet you're just thrilled to have him coming home shortly for little visits. Looks like Dayo is doing fantastic. He's got all his feathers mostly figured out seems like. Mirek is still growing in his feathers a little at a time. Hopefully I can report on his weight so we could compare our Cameroons.

I'm going to visit Mirek tomorrow but don't plan on taking any pictures until Wednesday. He's 1.5 weeks from coming home. Cage is set up already. Everything preped! I hope this Grey is worth it, I dumped a girlfriend for the sake of getting this bird haha.

Guest Lidia

danmcq wrote:

The breeder did say though, that once Dayo starts eating a little more on his own, which he did pretty good today....That we can bring him home for 5 - 6 hours at a time and start interacting with him more and getting him used to his permanent home and cage ....Ya Hoooo :woohoo: :woohoo:

He's just gorgeous and a very big baby. I am sure he is probably the biggest grey on this forum. The breeder you're getting him from seems really good and clued in. Tell them congratulations from me, please!

Hi Everybody......today we went to see Dayo again. He/she is so awesome.

When we first got there, the breeder took us to the kitchen to see how she prepares the food for the different birds she has. While we were in the kitchen, one of the babies was talking and making all kinds of noise from the next room. When we finished up in the kitchen, we went to the next room where the babies are, and it turned out to be Dayo who was making all that noise. He had recognized our voices.

The picture Dan posted with the Sun Conure, the Grey on the left is Dayo. We had a great time playing with them.

When we got ready to leave, we put Dayo back in his cage. He ran up to the front of the cage, and started calling for us. It seemed like he didn't want us to go. Even the breeder was happily surprised.

After she saw this was when she said we could have day visits on Saturdays. I think she was pleased to see that Dayo wanted us to stay. He was the only Grey at the front of the cage, seemly upset at our departure.

The breeder is very helpful and willing to share her knowledge of the Grey. She gives tips, and "suggestions" on what we can do for our Grey. She does enjoy it when we come to visit, and she sees how happy the three of us are together.

Today she is going to have the birds sexed. This takes about a week to get the results back. However, at this point, I am no longer interested in what sex our bird is.

Dayo picked us, and I think he made a great choice.

Hi Geoff,

If Mirek is only 3 days younger than Dayo, we should be able to compare notes on their progress then. :laugh:

Yes, the Breeder seems to have a lot of confidence in us and she is really great at sharing her knowledge also.

Your going to make us wait for photo's? Ugh, but Wednesday is not that much further off! So we will patiently wait...

I believe you may be in for a surprise, in that replacing one Bird for another, is going to be full of demands of your time, attention and money also ;)

Hi Lidia,

I am not certain about being the biggest on the Forum. From what I have read, all CAG's range from 400 to 650 Grams. Now I'm getting worried that he'll never get off the ground to fledge :blink: or he may be able to carry me around, if he continues at this rate:woohoo:

I suspect though, that he will loose a lot of weight when he starts fledging as I have read in several sources.

Yes, the Breeder is wonderful and very helpful. I don't know if it's common, but she had us in her Kitchen first thing, to show us what and how she cooks up food for them.

She teaches us at least 2 or 3 important things to know every time we visit. :laugh:

I will tell the Breeder of your praise next Saturday!