NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Swine flu

casper

One of my neighbours has been diagnosed with swine flu!

She is still at home and her partner is also at home but been told not to go out anywhere.

I was only enjoying a cup of tea with her on Tuesday at my house.

Anyway, they have asked if I can help with their shopping, they have ordered online but that wont be coming until Saturday.

You dont expect this to come so close to home do you, I hope she gets well soon and will have to do all I can to help within reason, she is very poorly!

What else are neighbours for?

My dear, I'm sorry to say but the way things are going all of us will be affected sooner or later. Here in Greece they are predicting that by the end of the year, one in three of us are going to come down with it. Just a matter of time... My friend's daughter works at the airport and she was just diagnosed. So much tourism here and so many students going back and forth to/fm the USA. She was told to stay home and her parents were also given some medication for preventative measure... It's not a killer, just eat well and take care of yourself! Your immune system will fight it off if it is in good shape.

Karma to you for helping your neighbor.

I am so sorry to hear this Caroline and I hope you don't come down with it as you may have been exposed, I would have a talk with my doctor if I were you to see if there is anything you can do to prevent you from getting it.

That is what neighbors are for and that is so nice you can help out especially since you may have already been exposed to it anyways, keep us posted and I hope your neighbor is going to be ok.

Some one is Rhys's class has now got swine flu as well as our neighbour one side and also two doors away ! its like waiting for it to come and get us ! Im sure it will I really dont think there is any escape from it no matter what I do ! I just hope its mild cases .We have been warned that from the onset of illness Rhys and I have got to have 7 days off school/work.:(