NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Funny Girl...

HeatherStrella

AnnaBella is so funny. She picks up words and phrases from us pretty quickly just by us talking to each other or talking to her. I work in an elementary school so some of the things I say to her are a bit childish. Sometimes I'll say "okie dokie artichokie"...and sometimes I call her "turkey lurkey" when she's being a brat...or a diva. I don't say them together...I don't think.

Anyway...she now says "okie dokie turkey lurkey"...lol. Sometimes she'll try to say "okie dokie artichokie", but the last word comes out a bit jumbled...it's a tongue twister, I guess. :)

She's such a blessing in my life...it's always so fun to hear the new things she's learned. She's learned about 400-500 words/phrases. Of course, she doesn't say all of them all the time...she goes in cycles...she used to say "hiya hotlips" all the time (I taught her that, we don't say that to each other...LOL)...and now she hardly ever says it.

So, that's all...I just wanted to share...she's just so funny. Do you guys keep a journal of what your birds say? I'd love some ideas of phrases to teach her. I was thinking about teaching her "hit the road, Jack"..:side:

AnnaBella is one very good student. The phrases she has picked up are very cute. :-)

I started a list and quit months back. It's just to much for me to keep up with.

I don't know if annabella does this or not (but i assume she does. Dayo uses parts of phrases and changes the words to fit the situation or sometimes just experimenting. It has brought many belly laughs at times. Now I'm wondering if he isn't trying to be a stand up comic. :P

danmcq wrote:

Dayo uses parts of phrases and changes the words to fit the situation or sometimes just experimenting. It has brought many belly laughs at times. Now I'm wondering if he isn't trying to be a stand up comic. :P

Could be Dan, he is like a chip off the old block, so to speak:laugh: :woohoo: :silly: :whistle:

danmcq wrote:

I don't know if annabella does this or not (but i assume she does. Dayo uses parts of phrases and changes the words to fit the situation or sometimes just experimenting.

Yes, Dan, she does. I can't think of any right now, but I know she's done it.

One thing she does that amazes me is when she's watching TV with us. If something sad happens, she'll say "Ohhhhhh"...(her voice starts a little high then goes very low)it's really cute...but strange too...how does she know? The music on the TV? Our reactions? She understands what's going on in the movie/show? How does she know a lot of the things she knows. Sometimes she finishes my sentences...or she'll answer my husband if he asks a yes/no question of me. SHE answers!! Not always right...but she knows to say "yes" or "no"..

Dan, I'd love to see your list!!

Tigerlily, if you do start a diary, I hope I can see it. I just loved watching your grey the other day. "Oh dear me" after she "sneezes"...that was so darned cute!!!!!

:)

Heather - I figured Annabella MUST be using various words to fit circumstances. She is such a brilliant Grey!! :-)

Sigh, ok, here is the list of things Dayo says I started and then stopped. It's too much to remember and keep adding to:

Hello

Hi

Uh Oh

Whoops

Woo

Wooo Hooo

Whoa!

Careful, Careful Dayo

Be careful

Crash!

Wanna Almond

Want some Apple

Apple

Walnut

Almond

Almond, ummmmmmm num num num

Broccoli

Carrot

Corn

Corn, Ummmmmmmm num num num

Cantaloupe

Cheese

Grape

Grape, Ummmmmmm num num num

Sandwich

Lets make a Sandwich

Peanut

Coffee

Lets make coffee

No

I love you

I love Dayo

Good Boy

Good Boy Dayo

Your such a good boy

Yes I do

Kiss

Wanna Kiss

Kisses

Ok

Are you all right?

Are you ok?

I’m Sorry

Wanna go outside

Go outside

Want Out

Step up

Scratches

Beak Rub

Wanna Beak Rub

Pretty Boy

What a Pretty Bird

Where did Mommy Go

Where did Kim Go

Where did He Go

Where did Mommy Go

Mommies outside

Mommies in the Garage

Dayo loves mommy

Mommy loves Dayo

There’s Mommy

Where’s Bentley

Bentley, NO!

Bentley go on!

Bentley, come on Bentley

Jake

Come on Jake

Jake, it’s ok

It’s ok Jake

Fly

Good Flying!

Dance

Whistle

Ooooooaaaaaaaaaaa, uuuuuuooooooohhhhhhhhh Yawn

Whoops, I sneezed

Sneeze

Lets get a bone

bone

Yeeeaaaahhh

Yeah, good flying

Wow!

Saaaweet

Sweet

Good Morning

Good Morning Dayo

You walk like a duck

Coconut

Banana

Get the Baby

Get the Ball

Get the Boing

Get the Bell

One

Two

Three

Ice Cream Ummmmmmmm

Almond Ummmmmmmmm num num num

Four

Five

Six

Seven

Eight

Nine

Ten

Come on

Bentley come here

Wanna take a bath

Lets take a bath

Chloe, come on Chloe

Crystal

Lets feed the dogs

Come on, lets eat

Wash the bowls

Wash my hands

Turn the Water off

Turn the Water on

Water

Wanna watch a movie

Wanna watch TV

Lets get some cereal

Lets eat

Wait, it’s too hot

It’s Hot Dayo

No!

No Bite

Peekaboo

I see you

Like That?

I like that

Yeah, I like that

Peeka, Peeka, Peeka Boo

Peeka, Peeka, Peeka Boo, I see You

Evil, Awwww Awwwww Awwwwww

Laughing Hahahahahahahahahaha

Pretty Cool

See ya later

I’ll be back

Be right back

Just a second

Watch Out!

Vacuum

Wanna Vacuum

Lets Vacuum

Vacuum, Vacuum, Vacuum

Turn the light on

That’s better

Hello, just a minute

Hello, Yeah, uh huh, yep….

Lets go night night

Night night

Wanna go to bed

Tickle

Tickle, Tickle, Tickle

Wanna see outside

What are you doing?

Sh!t!

G@d Damnit!

Sh!t…G@d Damnit

Shoot!

Damn It!

Dan...I love it!! Your Dayo sounds like loads of fun. I like the "whoops, I sneezed"...LOL. AnnaBella started saying "pfft(fart sound) whoopsie)...LOL..she must have gotten it from a cartoon or something because we don't do that...we say "scuse me"...LOL. :lol:

Tycos_mom, it sounds like Tyco is fun to watch too. I like to teach movie lines too. I taught AB to say "tell me about it, stud"...my favorite movie..."GREASE"... B)

Anybody else with vocab diary?????