NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello everyone!

My name is Dee and I'm new around here. I'm not a bird owner (yet!) but am curious about the Congo and have been doing a lot of learning about them, which led me to this forum.

I'm from western NY state, on the PA border south of Buffalo. I have two dogs (both terrier mixes), two cats (both DSH) and many chinchillas (which I raise/rescue/show and sell). I'm a work-from-home journalist recently married in January to an amazingly tolerant man who has taken to my animal passion like a fish to water (thank goodness!)

We're also involved in dog rescue and I volunteer actively with my local SPCA! :)

I hope I can learn some great things from this forum!

Hello Dee and welcome to our family, we are so glad you are curious about the grey and we look forward to hearing more about you.

So the more you learn about the grey do you think you will be adding one to your household? I am sure you are finding they are amazing creatures and we here that have them adore and love them to bits.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Welcome to the forum Dee, great introduction! Good for you for doing your research first! I hope you find the perfect life long companion. They are great birds and you will have so much fun with them. I hope to hear more from you and your future grey. ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

The more research I do, the more interested I am. I also did an interview with a family who had a CAG yesterday (what a coincidence!) and he was a delightful bird. I'm really trying to educate myself so I can educate hubby. As accepting as he is of all of the other animals he is leery of the bird idea. He said I had to give him information.

I'm in no hurry though! I will wait until he is fully on board and the time is right before I decide to add a CAG to the family! It's the best way to do things! :)

What a great idea to talk to a family who owns a Cag, nows thats getting first hand knowledge.

You are a smart woman to research fully and willing to wait for the right time, wish all people would do the same and we wouldn't have so many birds in need of rescue or rehomed.