NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

What your grey says/noises it makes ect

devanz

My grey is 7 months he has about a week ago clearly-well relatively?!? said hello and OHT OH while ive been in the shower,He does bird calls or at least his version of them whistles we have taught him and my favorite the microwave witch he loves as well also when i mention we are going in the kitchen he normally does the microwave so that how clever the are you know assosation on all that he sometimes does a hap hazard meow and a duck ive been trying to get him to howl like a wolf but he doesnt like it cus when i howl he shakes his head in a no motion he has done this since he was born does anyones else do the same without being taught?? And last of all of course he makes chicken noises!!! there is a video postedon african greys under chicken making noises in his cage i just signed up to day so send me some responses if poss not really sure what im doing as yet but if anyones a facebook member go to african grey owners and its a group ive just started about 2 months ago and one guy has joined you will have to send me a picture or let me know your a member here before you can acsess the site i havnt done alot with it as yet im reall busy and have limeted time on a pc for a few months Sorry ive rambled on a bit TA

Post edited by: devanz, at: 2007/07/07 18:31

Post edited by: devanz, at: 2007/07/07 18:32<br><br>Post edited by: devanz, at: 2007/07/07 18:33

Mine is 8 years old and a closet talker. But she says Pretty Bird, Pretty Puppy, Look at you, What you doing?, No, Hello, Bobby, Come here and a few other things I can figure out. She also barks, meows, cries, beeps like the phone and the microwave beep. Makes quaker sounds and amazon sounds to try and get them into trouble.

Bobby and Come here are her newest words.

=] Chicken noises.. my grey screams like a chicken when he's getting a bath.. Truely sad T__T cause he tries to fly away so.. it's a pain in the butt to bathe him. But yeah he has learned alot of things on his own. Especially the neighbors car alarm and the beep on our car you hear when your locking it.. He hasn't learned the microwave yet and i'm wondering why.. but he also whistles alot =] which get's me whistling without noticing lol. But just wait :) and be careful what you say.. I acidently taught my bird "F*** off" and "Don't be an ass" which he hasn't said since I found out he knew them.

Talon makes the usual, chicken sounds, microwave, oven timer, squeaky door, wines like a dog, even though he died 1 year ago. phone ringing, then says "Hello, hold on....." mail alert sound, trucks beeping, wolf whistle, and tries to sing to songs she doesn't know by saying "Laaaaaaaaaaa!" over and over.

She's making many wild bird sounds now that the windows are open for summer. B)

B)

myn says loads and he is only 18 months old.

he says:hello,hello chico,(everyones name)come hear,what you doing,what you doing over there,whit wooo,chekky chico,goodbye,good boy,bad boy,get down kuda(my dog)get away kuda,what you doing on my cage kuda.And more he does his wistles and little noises he can sing "bridge over the river kwai".Trying to learn him some more things.lol bless him lol :laugh: :lol: :)

You gotta love them, Josey has been doing some other kinds of bird calls since she spent a few days with someone who has a lot of different birds. I haven't heard her make those sounds before. At least she is not mimicing the call of the large cockatoo she had, ear splitting it was so loud.

Crazy its funny innit,how long have you had your grey is it just you n your own? Mine hates having a bath its really hard to get him to have one,he sits up om the shower though that probely his favorite place in the house!?!?! Thanks for your comment Moddy-Heavy name girl!!!

Greylover Funny post your grey can say loads of things at a such a young age! amazing Chicken is 7 months and im always callin him cheeky chicken as well his words are still croaky is tha the same for all greys i assume it is?

Guest briansmum

brians almost 5 months he does the zwit zwoo whistle (when he feels like it) click click and clock clock noises, the squeak the door makes, and i think he's trying to talk because he does this sort of "exorcist" voice, and i thought i heard "kiss" or it could have been "sh*t" or maybe it was nothing :laugh: we don't swear at him by the way. oh yeah and i saw "woooo" when we do something exciting, and he has a whistle that sounds a bit like a "wooo", so im sure that's what it will turn into.

Same here beccy me chicken does the exorcist voice like whispering he did that then ive heard him soy hello very clear than before so if your brian<wicked name,hasnt started talking he may do soon? I read brain has moved owners a few times how does he react to you then?

Judygram i wouldnt use robotic as a way to descibe it but we could be talking bout the same thing

Thanks for chattin its a cool site innit!!!

Guest briansmum

devanz you must have me confused somewhere hun, brian came straight from his breeder to me and has been here since :)