NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello Everyone and Introducing YoYo

Hi Everyone,

I'm a new member to the Grey Forum and a proud owner of YoYo. YoYo is about 10 years old and he joined our family last October. YoYo was pretty shy when he first arrived at our house and it took us 2-3 months to get him to socialize with me and my husband. Now YoYo would talk for hours and wants scratch from mommy all the time!

YoYo knows a good repertorie of words and household noises; things he says at least daily include: "good morning" (when we uncover his cage in the morning), "I want some" (when he's asking for food), "I wanna go shower" (he wants to be taken to the bathroom), "dirty bird" (when he goes potty), "kiss-kiss" (a trick that he does for treats), "go nite nite" (when he wants to be covered up at night time), "gotta go bye-bye" (when we are leaving the house), "let's go" (this is equivalent of a step-up), and "hi there" or "say hello" when we get home.

Recently, my husband and I saw a dancing cockatoo on youtube named Snowball and wanted to teach YoYo to dance, but instead, YoYo thinks the word "snowball" means dancing and singing and would do a small dance while singing a song with "snowball" as the lyrics. I made a video of YoYo singing snowball the other day (

)

I hope to meet a lot of Grey lovers here at the forum in near future :cheer:

Hello, welcome to the forum! YoYo is such a smartie! I loved that video, it was sooo cute! That is adorable how he says snowball when he dances, haha too funny! I hope to hear more from you and YoYo and hope to see more videos in the future, he is a great talker! ;)

Hello Yoyo and welcome to our family, we are so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Yoyo.

That sounds about right that it took several months for Yoyo to settle into his new home and be himself, it usually takes a little longer for an older grey than it does for a young one.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads so do read thru them at your leisure and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

We love pictures here so if you have some of Yoyo you would share with us we would appreciate it.

Hey RileysMom,

Sorry I'm a newbie to the forum so am having a bit of issues posting photos and videos. Hopefully this will work now. I've got only 2 clips of YoYo on youtube so far. More are in productions...

This one was taken about a month after YoYo joined our family. Back then, he would only talk when we were not around.

This one was taken few months ago after we realized YoYo's "singing snowball" because we all watched the dancing cockatoo Snowball video on youtube.