NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

whats better harrisons or roudybush?

AlexRAC

Whatever your Grey will eat pellet wise. ;-)

You can get samples for free if you just call the companies that produce them and treats.

Then you will be able to find the one your Grey will eat free of charge. It becomes rather expensive buying bags of food and end up giving them to other bird owners. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I go with loveparrot here. Pretty Bird makes a decent quality pellet. It's very flavorful. It also comes in just about every size for all different sized parrots. It also gets eaten quicker. Pellets aren't all they're made out to be but if people find it necessary to use pellets, Pretty Bird is a good choice. People should know that the reason why pellets should be eaten quickly is because all pellets lose their basic value after about 2 to 3 mts. All pellets have other ingredients that have nothing to do with nutrition. Color being one thing and processing being another thing. Parrots have survived for long periods of time without pellets through out the years. What will a parrot do in the wild? Fly around and bypass the natural foods that they spot and continue on in their journey to find the elusive *pellet tree*? It will be a long tiring unsuccessful journey.

As far as Harrisons or Roudybush

Go into an avian vet's office and you'll see Harrisons on his shelves and he'll tell you it's the best.

Go into another avian vet's office and you'll see Roudybush on the shelves and he'll say it's the best.

Go into a regular vet's office and you'll see different cans of dog and cat food you've never heard of and he'll say they're the best.

Go into another regular vet's office and you'll see other cans of dog and cat food that you've never heard of and he'll say it's the best. So, who's right?

I think Dave hit the nail right on the head. I must agree. I just switched my grey over to Harrison's yesterday and she's eating it very well. Until yesterday she was eating Zupreem very well and doing just fine. While I do believe that premium foods are better all these pellets are formulated to provide your bird with what they basically need to thrive. I think we should stick with a quality food that works for you and supplement our bird's diet with fruits, veggies, and nutritious treats. This is of course my own opinion;)