NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Problems with Adventure Back Pack Co.

ZivaDiva

Has anyone had problems in dealing with Flying South, the company that sells the Adventure backpack? I have been having issues with them since May. I ordered one and was sent 2 and billed for both. I sent one back the middle of last month and have not received a refund.

They happily answered my emails when they wanted to sell me extra things but haven't been answering most of my emails regarding the refund.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to deal with them? I have called my bank and am looking into reporting them elsewhere.

hi. i purchased my adventure pack from flying south and must admit i started to think i had been scammed.

i can't remember when i ordered it (last year sometime) but it was just before the new stock was due to arrive.

when that date came they posted on their web page that there was delays in shipping and gave a new date, that date came and went so they posted again that there were delays in shipping and posted a new date. this went on and on.

i did send them an email asking when it was going to arrive but in all honesty i can't remember their replies

but.....

finally it DID arrive about 6 months after i'd ordered and paid for it and tigerlily is slowly working her way through it chewing all the fabric (they didn't think of curious greys that chew everything when they designed it!)<br><br>Post edited by: Tigerlily, at: 2009/07/13 23:06

There's something funny there. I'm not all that thrilled with the backpack. It's kind of a parakeet cage in a backpack. Obviously, I don't want to carry around a full sized grey cage but was surprised at how thin the plastic bottom was. In fact, the one I sent back had a chip on the bottom so I was happy I had one that was complete.

I need to look into the different places to make reports like the BBB. I guess I'll get to that tomorrow. I'd really like my $177 back.

I have never purchased from the FLYING SOUTH company and NEVER will. I know someone who purchased 2 adventure packs. He resides in Canada. He received them after 6 months of long waiting

During that time they did not advise him of the status of his order nor were they very good at returning emails. He often felt that he was in perpetual limbo and did not feel reassured as a client.

In addition to the aforementioned aggravation, he also had to pay additional fees for customs and duties.

When he received the adventure packs the canvases did NOT fit properly. It actually seemed that they did a very shoddy job on designing the cotton canvases for the larger cages. Used the old style canvases for the bigger cages. Not a very good client experience. Lots of aggravation and in the end he ended up spending over $400 CAD for both adventure packs.

:sick: :sick: :sick:

oh yeah, i forgot to mention that lol

the canvas was VERY tight fitting, so tight that the zip pulls apart on one corner and the loop that velcros the window flap on one side was stitched on the wrong way round so i have to twist it.

but i was so relieved to get it there was no way i was going through all the hassle of sending it back!

just before i did get it through the post i did actually give up hope that i'd get it in time for last christmas as i was planning on taking tigerlily to my cousins for a few nights so i brought a bigger travel cage from a local pet shop which measures in at 45x45x70cms with an open play top which is JUST small enough to fit in my car to use as a carry cage for long peroids but way to big to carry over long distances.

i'm going camping with tigerlily next month and taking BOTH cages, the adventure pack will be used for taking her to the beach and on walks so at the moment i'm still happy i got the adventure pack, but for how much longer i'm not sureB)

I live in Canada also and although I had no problems receiving my Adventure pack it cost me $270. by the time I paid shipping taxes and duty. I could hardly believe it. Adaya's 42x36x72 beautiful brand new in the box cage cost about the same and is way way better made than that cheap little thing.

I looked at the adventure pack and to me it looked a bit small for Charlie who is quite a large grey, also I just knew he would chew the canves. I went for the wingabego carrier from Northern parrots and although it was expensive I have been pleased with it,I have the large size.Have a look at www.24parrot.com.It is all perspex but you can replace the door with a stainless steel one.It is so funny when I use it to take Cracker to the aviary, he is tiny and looks lost in it.It is ideal for vet visits and could be used for a sleep cage with the steel door.I use mine daily for moving the birds to and from the aviary,its easy to clean aswell.

The gimmick of the Adventure Pack -- one that I like! -- is that you can carry it on your back. It's perfect for walks and for short outings. True, it is small and cramped for Shanti, but he seems to like it. He hasn't eaten the cloth yet. It's also true that the cover doesn't quite fit. You can't zip it all the way, but that's only a minor inconvenience/glitch. No buyer's remorse for me. If Shanti eventually wrecks it, I'll upgrade to a better carrying cage.

• 1 month later...

I have yet to recieve a refund from them and he no longer answers my emails. His last one asked if I had returned it and when I wrote back with the confirmation information, he disappeared.

I am not happy. They kept my $170.

Any suggestions? I think it might be time to go online and write about it everywhere possible.

ZivaDiva wrote:

I have yet to recieve a refund from them and he no longer answers my emails. His last one asked if I had returned it and when I wrote back with the confirmation information, he disappeared.

I am not happy. They kept my $170.

Any suggestions? I think it might be time to go online and write about it everywhere possible.

Have you reported them to the BBB yet? I also had a terrible experience with them (see threads "Adventure Pack!!!" and "BEWARE if you've purchased from Flying South") and have made a complaint with the BBB over an unauthorized charge they put on my card well after my initial purchase of the Adventure Pack. This place either needs to get their act together or close up shop. Maybe if the BBB gets multiple complaints on the same company (which I'm hoping has already happened) they'll light a hotter fire under them to straighten up.<br><br>Post edited by: chimaysmommy, at: 2009/09/02 22:25