NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

help

amanda

Welcome Amanda.. thanks for joining.. i think you will enjoy it here..

No warrantee isn't something I would be very happy about.. At the very least I would force the person to pay for a Vet check up. Or if you are already attached to the bird and you want it, you pay for the Vet checkup. This way you can be sure that the bird is healthy. Chances are nothing is wrong but why gamble with $1000 for any reason.. I wouldn't . When we purchased Ceasar I got a one year replacement warrantee.. Of course they could never replace Ceasar but if something was found to be genetic in the death of the bird they would replace it..

Welcome Amanda.. thanks for joining.. i think you will enjoy it here..

No warrantee isn't something I would be very happy about.. At the very least I would force the person to pay for a Vet check up. Or if you are already attached to the bird and you want it, you pay for the Vet checkup. This way you can be sure that the bird is healthy. Chances are nothing is wrong but why gamble with $1000 for any reason.. I wouldn't . When we purchased Ceasar I got a one year replacement warrantee.. Of course they could never replace Ceasar but if something was found to be genetic in the death of the bird they would replace it..

My breeder offers a 7 day vet check up warranty. Actually 'warranty' is such a inanimate word. Guarantee is better. If the bird dies on the 8th day home, $1,700 goes with him. That's a risk with buying livestock. You assume responsibility upon taking the task of caring for the animal into your own hands.

Also a very good idea to read several books about Greys, avian behaviour, avian training, avain diet and basic info concerning similar behaviour species such as Cockatoos, Amazons or Macaws.