NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Bird food ?

Pontiac

I am looking for a specific place to buy my bird food. I live in salem oregon, i've been going to fred meyers for 3 years getting the same stuff because that's what his previous owners got him hooked on, tried switching his food doesn't work and i'm not looking for tips on how to switch his food, it's a 4lb bag of Kaytee select blend parrot food and has a picture of an african grey on the front. They still sell it in 15 oz canisters for 7 bucks but that is way to expensive, usually it's 14-18bucks for 4lbs varies but I don't know of any other place here that sells it and I absoultely can't find it online. I even tried calling Kaytee they suggest I special order it but that's to much of a pain.

Walmart carries it and most pet food places I've never been to where you live but Iknow that where I live every pet food place carries Kaytee exact products and the last time I was at walmart they also had it I also feed my Greys either Kaytee Or fiesta which is pretty much the same thing but with more stuff like dried fruit and nuts.The Walmart here in Canada sell 4lb bag for 9.00 so I'm sure they sell it for allot cheeper down there.<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/07/09 22:45

Thanks, I know they don't have it at petsmart or petco but i'll look at walmart, 9 bucks? that's lucky because I know it won't be cheaper here lol last time I got it a few weeks ago at fred meyer it was 15.99 and it goes all the way up to 18.99 down to 12.99 on sale. And walmart isn't much cheaper around here anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Is Kaytee considered appropriate as bird feed?

I know with chinchillas it is considered to be the sin of all sins to feed them Kaytee (which doesn't bother me, it would be too expensive to feed 30 of them that anyway!) but birds don't just live on that "staple" food.

So is Kaytee okay, along with the fruits and other foods you are supposed to give?